Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 update that should resolve a frustrating and months-long issue that has been crashing some systems with Blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes

Microsoft has rolled out a new Windows 10 update that should resolve a frustrating and months-long issue that has been crashing some systems with Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors.

After the Windows 10 May 2020 Update and October 2020 Update, some users have had to deal with Blue Screen of Death. Microsoft acknowledged the problem and promised that it’s working on a fix. After a long delay, a new patch is finally available with fixes for the critical issue.

In addition to the Blue Screen of Death error, Windows 10’s latest cumulative updates have also fixed system crashes, system reboot loop and other bugs.

In the support document, which was updated earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed that it has addressed an issue where NVMe SSD storage drives might crash Windows 10 with the following error message:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION

This bug was only hitting devices with older/incompatible drivers and Thunderbolt port.

Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes Windows-BSOD.jpg

Microsoft noted that the bug is present in both Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2) and version 2004. However, it has been fixed with Windows 10 KB4586853, which is currently available for download via the new “Optional updates” section in the Windows Update.

If you don’t want to install the optional patch, you can wait until the Tuesday when the company is expected to publish December security update with a fix for the Blue Screen and other bugs.

It’s also worth noting that Microsoft is still blocking some users from downloading the newest feature upgrade due to compatibility issues with storage devices, but there are plans to lift the compatibility hold in mid-December.

In addition to the system crashes, users are also being subjected to a “password credentials” problem where Windows 10 automatically deletes the saved credentials.

Microsoft is still investigating the credential manager bug in the operating system and it is currently unclear how quickly Microsoft will be able to release cumulative updates with necessary fixes.

The post Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 2, 2020

2. my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes

1. Windows 10 Blue Screen alert: New update fixes pesky system crashes - Similar Threads - Blue Screen alert

2. System Crashes and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashes and Blue Screens: Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having a problem with my system crashing randomly while under load. Three different versions of this crash will happen. Sometimes I get a blue screen, sometimes the computer simply freezes, screen goes black, and then reboots, other...
  3. System Crashes and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Crashes and Blue Screens: Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having a problem with my system crashing randomly while under load. Three different versions of this crash will happen. Sometimes I get a blue screen, sometimes the computer simply freezes, screen goes black, and then reboots, other...
  4. System Crashes and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Crashing and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashing and Blue Screens: Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having a problem with my system crashing randomly while under load. Three different versions of this crash will happen. Sometimes I get a blue screen, sometimes the computer simply freezes, screen goes black, and then reboots, other...
  6. System Crashing and Blue Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Crashing and Blue Screens: Hello Microsoft Community,I have been having a problem with my system crashing randomly while under load. Three different versions of this crash will happen. Sometimes I get a blue screen, sometimes the computer simply freezes, screen goes black, and then reboots, other...
  7. Windows 10 System Crashing Blue screens

Windows 10 System Crashing Blue screens: Hello, yesterday my PC had lost power and would not boot up, I had taken it to a repair shop who got it working but could not find a hardware issue and thought it may be some sort of glitch. After plugging the PC back in when i got home i've experienced a number of blue...
  8. Options for a pesky Win10 blue screen error?

Options for a pesky Win10 blue screen error?: Hello, I have a stubborn memory_management BSOD stop code that I can't seem to get rid of. I have tried sfc /scannow but am halted by "there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again"- upon doing so nothing changes. I...
  9. System Crash and Blue Screen

System Crash and Blue Screen: Hi there all, My computer never crashes, it has crashed twice in the past couple days consistently to create a problem. I have uploaded the dump files and system info. Anything helps!! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnM0r4-pnYFNiFALWoKNYagBkuGV?e=tsoSND...
  10. Crash - solid blue & red screens - new system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash - solid blue & red screens - new system: I am on a custom built system. It is fairly new -- roughly 3-4 months old. To date everything has been good, but today the computer crashed on me. No literal visible BSOD --- but my screens went solid red & solid blue and the audio got stuck in a horrible sort of a feedback...