Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Surface 2 Blue screen of death. Restarted Windows Microsoft Surface 2, it blue screened displaying Bad_System_Config_Info. Then booted into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WillHagan, Jul 20, 2020.

1. WillHagan Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore

Windows Surface 2 Blue screen of death.

Restarted Windows Microsoft Surface 2, it blue screened displaying Bad_System_Config_Info. Then booted into safemode attempted to conduct restore and it does not complete properly giving the following error :

“windows could not parse or process the unattend answer file for pass [specialize]. The setting specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component [Microsoft-Windows-Shell-

I am then taken to a login screen to which I have no users to log on to as the device has been wiped. Attempted the default administrator login however I am then presented a prompt telling me my administrator has disabled that account.

Can’t get any features working in Safe mode with networking or Plain safe mode to attempt to unlock the administrator account. Every time I try to conduct the restore again I end up in the same position. Best I’ve had is access to command prompt.

Don’t care If I completely blow the HDD away just want a working laptop with Windows at this point.

Don’t have any windows/restore Discs or External HDD with windows on it to plug in either and Surface 2 only has the 1 USB port.

:)

WillHagan, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows 10 Blue Screen Of Death Loop

Hi,

Blue screen errors are usually caused by outdated graphics drivers or system performances that can't be handled by it. We'd like to know more information about this issue so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried booting your PC in safe mode? You can refer to this article for the steps on how to boot
      your PC in safe mode.

In the meantime, we suggest that you go to this link and follow the steps to
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore

Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore

1. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Can't Restore - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Can't

2. Restoring previous version of windows and blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring previous version of windows and blue screen: I recently updated to windows 11 but some apps did change not open for me so I tried to go back to windows 10 through the settings. Now my pc is stuck on the “restoring your previous version of windows” and I get a BSOD after 2 min of the loop. The stop code is system service...
  3. Restoring previous version of windows and blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring previous version of windows and blue screen: I recently updated to windows 11 but some apps did change not open for me so I tried to go back to windows 10 through the settings. Now my pc is stuck on the “restoring your previous version of windows” and I get a BSOD after 2 min of the loop. The stop code is system service...
  4. Restoring previous version of windows and blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WIndow's can't recover blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndow's can't recover blue screen: I have a brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11 . I leave the laptop running overnight. It seems whenever there is a windows update or it goes to sleep it does not recover. I find the laptop with a blue screen and a message "It seems windows could not load correctly". I...
  6. WIndow's can't recover blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndow's can't recover blue screen: I have a brand new Dell XPS laptop with Windows 11 . I leave the laptop running overnight. It seems whenever there is a windows update or it goes to sleep it does not recover. I find the laptop with a blue screen and a message "It seems windows could not load correctly". I...
  7. Blue screen error and can't access to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue screen error and can't access to Windows 10: I found a blue screen in many computer of organizations. Error message 1: Windows couldn't connect to the User Profile Service service. Please consult your system administrator. Error message 2: The gpsvc service failed the sign-in. Access is denied. Moved thread from...
  8. Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen - Critical Process Died - Can't restore Windows 10: I have a Critical Process Died response but, I can read the windows directory using the command prompt. Does this mean the SSdrive is good, but the Windows 10 file is corrupt?...
  9. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset: I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed to have went out. I plugged in the laptop and tried booting again, but I kept getting blue screen no matter what I do. I...
  10. Blue Screen after windows10 Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen after windows10 Restore: Since a few days my Graphics card is acting strange so I did a complete reset of my Laptop, after windows10 was reinstalled , i updated and installed all drivers, everything worked fine until yesterday. My Laptop shuts down with the Bluescreen telling me to go to...