Windows 10: Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Discus and support Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Tried every solution I found on the web, no help. Here's one of the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yiwa, Apr 23, 2019.

1. yiwa Win User

Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation.

Tried every solution I found on the web, no help. Here's one of the crash dump.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.468 AMD64

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [D:\temp\042319-5250-01.dmp]

Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: srv*

Executable search path is:

Windows 10 Kernel Version 17134 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS

Machine Name:

Kernel base = 0xfffff802`60e17000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`611c42b0

Debug session time: Tue Apr 23 21:59:48.131 2019 (UTC + 10:00)

System Uptime: 2 days 12:45:56.969

Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.

Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols

Loading unloaded module list

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis *

*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff80261263378, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys

*** Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger ***

*** doesn't have full symbol information. Unqualified symbol ***

*** resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a ***

*** fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***

*** of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that ***

*** enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol ***

*** server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to ***

*** appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect ***

*** symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down. ***

*** For some commands to work properly, your symbol path ***

*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***

*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***

*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***

*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***

*** work. ***

*** Type referenced: TickPeriods ***

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeAccumulateTicks+190487 )

Followup: MachineOwner

:)

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Apr 23, 2019
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Apr 23, 2019
  4. MamtaSK Win User

Windows 10 crash sporadically with blue screen - DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have upgraded my Windows 8 to Windows 10 two days back, but now sporadically I face issue when it goes unresponsive and then finally it crash with blue screen, showing Laptop will restart soon and Error details as - DPC_Watchdog_Violation. Please advice.

MamtaSK, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blue screen every two-three days, error: DPC_Watchdog_Violation - Similar Threads - blue screen every

2. Blue screen almost every three hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen almost every three hours.: Hi guys, I have used memset to check the ram and there is nothing wrong with the ram; I have also checked the HDD and it passed the test; I have checked the bios settings as this is my server I have not made any overclocking settings including loadline which is at the default...
  3. Blue screen almost every three hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen almost every three hours.: Hi guys, I have used memset to check the ram and there is nothing wrong with the ram; I have also checked the HDD and it passed the test; I have checked the bios settings as this is my server I have not made any overclocking settings including loadline which is at the default...
  4. Blue screens every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens every day: Hello!My laptop has blue screens every day. I checked the dump file in WinDbg and get this information, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Help me locate the source of the error.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  5. Blue screens every day

Blue screens every day: Hello!My laptop has blue screens every day. I checked the dump file in WinDbg and get this information, but I'm not an expert on the subject. Help me locate the source of the error.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error: A few months ago, after connecting my laptop to a usb hub that had an external power supply, the laptop turned off once, I quickly disconnected the hub from the laptop. After a few seconds, the power supply of the hub sparked and the house's power fuse was blown. After...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Error: A few months ago, after connecting my laptop to a usb hub that had an external power supply, the laptop turned off once, I quickly disconnected the hub from the laptop. After a few seconds, the power supply of the hub sparked and the house's power fuse was blown. After...
  8. Three Blue Screens on two days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three Blue Screens on two days: I have encountered 3 BSOD in just two days, can someone please look into this and help me? ThanksLink for minidumps and most recent MEMORY.DMP:https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aok1tqJhZ5WIiHyMRArk5HjVVKPX?e=iIqy79...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue screen error

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue screen error: I was watching youtube and only had 3 tabs open when out of nowhere my screen froze and my audio started stuttering. After 20 seconds a blue screen error popped up with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or something like that. This has happened many times before and I'm...
  10. Windows 10 blue screen DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Windows 10 blue screen DPC_Watchdog_Violation: The logs Specs CPU : i5 9600K @4.7 GHz GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6GB RAM : 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z @2800MHz Storage : 1TB Crucial M.2, 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD...