Windows 10: Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Discus and support Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've just bought a used Dell XPS 13 9370. The BIOS setting is set to AHCI and the SSD is Miscron 1100 512Gb. It BSOD multiple times only after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Akart347, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Akart347 Win User

Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Hello,

I've just bought a used Dell XPS 13 9370. The BIOS setting is set to AHCI and the SSD is Miscron 1100 512Gb. It BSOD multiple times only after a restart (Not a shutdown) with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE and then it will bootloop endlessly until i either go to Windows Repair menu or insert Windows 10 installation media and sometimes it will boot to desktop and sometimes it will continue to bootloop. Is it because of a corrupted partition or Windows update or something else? Can anyone help me please?

:)

Akart347, Dec 30, 2018

2. Getting INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE blue screen error during Windows 10 Reset.

Hello Michael,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check has a value of 0x0000007B. This bug check indicates that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup. The INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE bug check frequently occurs because
    of a boot device failure. During I/O system initialization, the boot device driver might have failed to initialize the boot device (typically a hard disk).

Suggest you to refer the below link and see if it helps you in fixing the issue.

Bug Check 0x7B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows drivers

Do refer Troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10 and see if it helps.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 30, 2018
  4. awalt Win User

Moving to RAID 0 - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

I am converting an existing Windows 10 Pro laptop to RAID 0 - and I keep getting to the final boot where it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. What am I doing wrong? The laptop has two 1 TB Samsung 850 SSDs that are identical. Laptop is a HP Zbook 17.

Here are my steps:

1. Made a good System Image of C: drive on separate external SSD drive connected by USB. D: drive didn't have anything on it to be saved.
    2. Used Win 10 Pro DVD to delete all partitions/format drives.
    3. Went into BIOS and changed from AHCI to RAID, and also to turn on ability to do Control-I to get to Intel RST ROM.
    4. Rebooted, did Control-I, created a RAID 0 of the two disks.
    5. Rebooted, installed Windows 10 fresh. Verified it would reboot on its own.
    6. Rebooted, went into Repair on Windows 10 DVD. Selected external SSD image to do image restore from.
    7. Rebooted - verified on Control-I that the RAID 0 array is listed as "bootable"
    8. Rebooted - get INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

The place it dies - I see the little Windows 10 blue window, and the spinning circle at the bottom - then I get the blue screen with the message.

I think I listed everything I did - what am I missing?

awalt, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Similar Threads - blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

2. Windows Server 2022 Blue Screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022 Blue Screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello, I install the windows server 2022 long time, Some day I restart the sever and no boot option on my hard disk, I fixed that problam in WinPE using bcdboot.exe. But when I restart the server, it will show the error code INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I tried to put the server...
  3. Windows Server 2022 Blue Screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2022 Blue Screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello, I install the windows server 2022 long time, Some day I restart the sever and no boot option on my hard disk, I fixed that problam in WinPE using bcdboot.exe. But when I restart the server, it will show the error code INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I tried to put the server...
  4. Blue Screen error : INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen error : INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: I tried to factory restart my laptop but the BSoD screen always loops and I can't access Windows Safe Mode with any of the keys so I have the use the Novo buton. I tried every method to try and fix my pc but they won't work. I even tried windows 10 installation media and...
  5. Inaccessible_Boot_Device Blue Screen of Death while booting suddenly after restarting, same...

Inaccessible_Boot_Device Blue Screen of Death while booting suddenly after restarting, same...: Trying sfc /scannow on both Advanced Repair options and when booting from Windows installation media gives the error "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" But sfc /verifyonly works and the CBS.log file is generated. Here it is:...
  6. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hello I need help figuring out why desktop will not boot Power was turned off during upgrade Windows 10 will no longer boot No success with: Startup Repair System Restore System Image Recovery Command Prompt has X:, no C: Command wmic LOGICALDISK LIST BRIEF list D: &...
  7. Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hi, My windows 10pc is displaying a blue screen with a stop code inaccessible boot device. I have made several attempts to start the pc in safe mode but it goes back to the blue screen again. I have tried to reset the pc and it goes to 100% but then goes back to the blue...
  8. Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device Black and Blue Screen of DEATH!

Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device Black and Blue Screen of DEATH!: I just opened my Computer Hp Win8.1 and updated to Win10 after a few days it just got updated then it suddenly turn to blue screen with a sad face *Sad. Then it just go to automatic repair i tried everything but still just keep restarting until i tried the change startup...
  9. BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10)

BSOD on boot: inaccessible_boot_device (Windows 10): Hi all, I recently disassembled my computer to clean it since it gets very dusty. For reference, this is not the first time I've taken my computer apart; I know how to correctly take it apart and put it back together. I made sure everything was connected properly and that...
  10. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Windows 10: First off, i accidently analyzed/optimized my SSD and i am fairly certain this was my mistake. i cannot start my computer: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE i cannot start in safe mode, i get the same problem. CHKDSK /F won't run i am trying to avoid formatting, at least not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 32 bit bsod 0x7b

2. windows10 ahci raid inaccessible