Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My company is on a virtual environment using vSphere and users are currently using Windows 10 x64. When users leave their desk and come bac, unlock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by johnbai1, Oct 2, 2019.

1. johnbai1 Win User

Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe

My company is on a virtual environment using vSphere and users are currently using Windows 10 x64. When users leave their desk and come bac, unlock their screen, they sometimes receive a blue screen with no wording or anything. We somehow found out that explorer.exe is locking up their screen. if we run a taskkill command taskkill /s hostname /f /im explorer.exe their session comes back but we have to rerun explorer.exe from taskmanager to get their task bar and other items to show. Does anybody know the root cause of this issue? It's not everyday that the same user experiences this and definitely sporadic across the company.

:)

johnbai1, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe

Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe

1. Windows 10 Blue screen related to Explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Blue screen related

2. Windows 10 Crashes and Blue Screens Ram or Motherboard Related?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes and Blue Screens Ram or Motherboard Related?: Hello, This issue is difficult to explainAbout two months ago my PC would start but fail to display anything on monitors. I unplugged much of the hardware and determined that the PC would start if the ram was moved to different slots For the past two weeks the PC has been...
  3. Windows 10 Crashes and Blue Screens Ram or Motherboard Related?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Crashes and Blue Screens Ram or Motherboard Related?: Hello, This issue is difficult to explainAbout two months ago my PC would start but fail to display anything on monitors. I unplugged much of the hardware and determined that the PC would start if the ram was moved to different slots For the past two weeks the PC has been...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes and Blue Screens Ram or Motherboard Related?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  6. Exe related

Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  7. oo2.exe related

oo2.exe related: Can you tell me what is oo2reck.exe. It is showing in c under app data crash dumps as a bin file. Is harmful for my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oo2exe-related/67abdd15-1cb2-4a85-ac25-24315b730fc1
  8. oo2.exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oo2.exe related: Can you tell me what is oo2reck.exe. It is showing in c under app data crash dumps as a bin file. Is harmful for my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oo2exe-related/67abdd15-1cb2-4a85-ac25-24315b730fc1
  9. Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death

Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death: Hello guys, i bought a new pc few days ago today i got a bsod only once so far but i am afraid it may be repeated i downloaded bluescreen view i found the crash address to be ntoskrnl.exe+3f5e40here is a screenshot of the bsod dmp fileand here is a link of the dmp file in...
  10. Blue screen related to ntoskrnl.exe

Blue screen related to ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot random BSOD. There seem to be different errors: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL all related to ntoskrnl.exe Please find link to memory.dmp and minidump files:...
Tags: