Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died..

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi On power on suddenly My Toshiba Laptop goes into automatic repair, then fails to restart,...I tried the suggested turn off turn on as mentioned 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gig_123, May 22, 2020.

1. gig_123 Win User

Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died..

Hi

On power on suddenly My Toshiba Laptop goes into automatic repair, then fails to restart,...I tried the suggested turn off turn on as mentioned 3 times ,, i select advanced settings and to start settings and selected option5 ...comes back to the same critical process died.

what should i do?..lost my bootable USB also !

anyone can help me please as i have crucial data in my laptop.

Thanks a ton

:)

gig_123, May 22, 2020
  2. Memori0 Win User

Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Hello,

As said in the first message, he can't access safe mode to get the dump files, when he tries to launch safe mode he gets a blue screen with the error: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED".

Have a good evening.

Memori0, May 22, 2020
  3. Dinarius Win User
    Blue Screen - "Critical Process Died"

Yesterday, I installed a driver update for my GeForce 1070 card. I had to do it in Safe Boot mode coz it wouldn't install in full boot mode. (I had to System Restore to 22/11/2019 to first uninstall it and then reinstall it via Safe Boot.)

All went well after that.

I booted up the computer today for the first time since that driver update and I got a Critical Process Died blue screen.

1. The automatic repair isn't working.

2. System Restore isn't working. It won't allow me to check the box next to C: drive. So, the Next button (to complete the system restore) remains greyed out.

3. In Advanced Options, I also tried sfc /scannow, but after it ran I got the message, "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

4.Via Start-up Settings, I cannot seem to be able to boot in Safe Mode in order to run scannow again.

Pretty much all I can access with Advanced Options is the command prompt window.

Is there command that I can type to reboot in safe mode and try the command prompt sfc /scannow again?

Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

D.

Ps.

I tried this command with the command prompt window...

bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal

I got the message that it completed successfully.

So, I closed the Command Prompt window and clicked Continue.

But, Windows wouldn't start in safe mode. I got the Critical Process Died blue screen again, and just Restart or Advanced options.

Dinarius, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died..

I have a blue screen with the stop code: critical process died but can't get to safe mode, any suggestions?

My son uninstalled a program and when it restarted it came to a blue screen with stop code: critical process died.

Ive done a shut down and restarted a few times. I've gone into advanced options to get it into safe mode but it will not, just takes me back to the same blue screen

ErinSkolfield, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died..

1. Windows 10 Blue screen ..Safe mode fails ..critical process died.. - Similar Threads - Blue screen Safe

2. Critical Process Died - Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died - Blue Screen: Hello, for some reason my laptop won't start. There is an error while loading windows and then the famous blue screen appears with a "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" error. It goes to Windows Recovery Environment WinRe. From there none option is achievable except running the command...
  3. Critical Process Died - Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died - Blue Screen: Hello, for some reason my laptop won't start. There is an error while loading windows and then the famous blue screen appears with a "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" error. It goes to Windows Recovery Environment WinRe. From there none option is achievable except running the command...
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED blue screen: HiI had been the issue of "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" on my pcnot sure what could be the issueshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4GY4KimSpDg0uN0WSwXCQAVbLQ?e=jlWaP6any help will appreciatethank you in advance...
  5. Blue Screen- Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen- Critical Process Died: My sister's laptop suddenly got the blue screen error with the code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. She mostly uses the laptop for school and some important tests is on the way. We've been struggling all day with this problem. We've tried troubleshooting it using "Startup Repair",...
  6. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  7. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen - Critical Process Died: Have a Win10 machine that was only used for golf simulator - was using SkyTrak application and during use, the PC rebooted. Since the initial reboot I've been stuck in a bluescreen reboot cycle with error 'critical_processes_died'. I've tried to troubleshoot via WinRE cmd or...
  8. Blue Screen - Critical Process Died

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Blue screen "Critical Process Died"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen "Critical Process Died": I went to go do something and left my computer on, but when I got back it shut down and when it restarted I keep getting a blue screen with the error code "Critical_Process_Died." I tried to go into recovery mode to use start up repair, but it asked for my password which I...
  10. Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode: Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get to the Windows...