Windows 10: Windows 10 blue-screens straight after windows update

Discus and support Windows 10 blue-screens straight after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I've had this problem for a couple of months now, whenever i perform a windows update my PC blue-screens, restarts automatically and launches into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kacper_K, May 2, 2020.

1. Kacper_K Win User

Windows 10 blue-screens straight after windows update

So, I've had this problem for a couple of months now, whenever i perform a windows update my PC blue-screens, restarts automatically and launches into BIOS. After failing to launch 3 times, it gives me a couple of options like 'continue to windows 10', if i launch in safe mode it detects an issue with my version of windows and uninstalls the update, restoring my PC into fully working condition.

I've halted the updates on my PC for a month because it was really annoying and i couldn't find a fix i thought that maybe if i wait for another update it would resolve, but after updating my PC last night, i got the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :

:)

Kacper_K, May 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2020
  3. Dann Win User
    Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

Dann, May 2, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blue-screens straight after windows update - Similar Threads - blue screens straight

2. Blue screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after Windows update: It seems that an error occurred while updating Windows on my computer. After the update, a blue screen appears with error code 0xc0000225. Even if I try to create a Windows installation USB and try to restore it, nothing happens. It doesn't even get reinstalled. I tried...
  3. Blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after windows update: I have done a update on my Windows 11 computer and it would not restart. It’s now on a blue screen. Advanced options are talking about using windows recovery dvd. Is my work lost and how do I fix this...
  4. Blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after windows update: I have done a update on my Windows 11 computer and it would not restart. It’s now on a blue screen. Advanced options are talking about using windows recovery dvd. Is my work lost and how do I fix this...
  5. blue screen after trying update Windows 10

blue screen after trying update Windows 10: Hello I tried to update my hp laptop to the latest update and something went wrong and I have a blue screen that is asking for my admin password. I have no idea what it is because I have been using a fingerprint reader to log on for a very long time. I am locked out of...
  6. Blue Screen after Windows 10 Update

Blue Screen after Windows 10 Update: Shouldn't Microsoft be responsible for loss of data and files when a Windows 10 update reboots and loses data and photos after the reboot especially when most of us do not know we should not reboot after a Blue Screen appears?...
  7. Blue screens after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after windows update: I have been recently experiencing blue screen problems, which happen multiple times a day. This started after I updated Windows 10 to its newest version. The support from previous version ended in November, which is why the update was necessary. I believe the previous version...
  8. Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after installation of Windows 10 update.: I Installed the most recent update of Windows 10 about a week ago. Since then I periodically get a blue screen which states. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I tried uninsatalling the update and it seemed to work for about 2 days and then my computer...
  9. windows 10 blue screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 blue screen after windows update: I keep getting the blue screen tried loads of things that I could do without a stick or memory to backup and not willing to erase my files and photos. How can I fix this? 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart' 100% and it stops there on the blue screen. critical...
  10. Blue screen after windows 10 update

Blue screen after windows 10 update: After installing the new version 1803 of windows 10 pro I have random blue screen for memory errors after a few minutes from windows startup. Below is the link with information about my system and some dumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgVpAltsDUXlgagJAPc9uq0j4oxUng What other...