Windows 10: Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

Discus and support Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I've been having this issue on Windows 10 since forever, I have a bluetooth headset and whenever its mic is in use from an app, I lose audio on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohsinSait, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

So I've been having this issue on Windows 10 since forever, I have a bluetooth headset and whenever its mic is in use from an app, I lose audio on the headset. Basically, the mic and audio don't work simultaneously, its either one and I can't figure out why. Windows troubleshoot cannot identify the issue and I can't really find a similar issue anywhere else. I've tried another bluetooth headset and its the same issue.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

:)

MohsinSait, Aug 9, 2020
  2. vindows Win User

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Handsfree mic bluetooth does not work

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• Were you able to either update or reinstall the Bluetooth driver on the PC?

Step 1: Suggest you to set the audio device as default and check if that helps.

Refer to the steps under the section ‘Set default device’ from this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026994/windows-10-fix-sound-problems

Step2: Further, you may also want to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from Device Manager and reinstall the latest driver to check if that helps.

Refer to the steps under the section ‘Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager’ from this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

The BthHFSrv is the Bluetooth hands free service. This service enables wireless Bluetooth headsets to run on your computer. If this service is stopped or disabled, then Bluetooth headsets will not function properly with this machine.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 9, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth Audio Not Working When MIC is Active - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Audio Working

2. Bluetooth headphones only play audio when mic is active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones only play audio when mic is active: We purchased a couple pairs of Altec Lansing Nanophones ANC model MZX5400-CGRY. We can successfully connect them via Bluetooth to our Windows 11 laptops connected voice, music. When playing sound alone e.g. via Spotify, no sound is transmitted. However, when the microphone is...
  3. Bluetooth headphones only play audio when mic is active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones only play audio when mic is active: We purchased a couple pairs of Altec Lansing Nanophones ANC model MZX5400-CGRY. We can successfully connect them via Bluetooth to our Windows 11 laptops connected voice, music. When playing sound alone e.g. via Spotify, no sound is transmitted. However, when the microphone is...
  4. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  5. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  6. Audio cutting off when mic activates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting off when mic activates: For some reason, every time I try to use my mic the sound suddenly stops using Bluetooth headphones with a UB400 Bluetooth Adapter, I tried multiple things including: reinstalling drivers, using a different pair of headphones, using the driver from the official website:...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.: Hi, I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time. But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use headphone for ausio mics stop and vice versa. if in sound properties i select Playback tab i hear the sound but as soon as...
  8. Bluetooth audio and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio and mic: Hey Reddit, I'm in a bit of an issue when trying to use my Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. It seems that when I connect them to the laptop the pc recognises the device and I'm able to play music through it perfectly. However when I try to use it for Slack...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  10. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10: Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the...