Windows 10: Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices

Discus and support Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've had this issue for a few months and gave up on it but thought I'd try posting on Reddit for a possible fix. My Bluetooth headphones are paired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DynamicBandit96, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices

So I've had this issue for a few months and gave up on it but thought I'd try posting on Reddit for a possible fix. My Bluetooth headphones are paired with the PC and connect successfully. I can select them as the output device but no sound comes through. If I 'remove device' from 'Show Bluetooth Devices' and re-pair them, for half a sec I can hear the windows jingle when they pair successfully but after that, nothing. The headphones work fine with my phone though. I also noticed during Youtube playback, while there's also no sound coming through, the video playback is stuttery and slower than normal. I can see this in the video timer next to the Youtube volume button.

For the record, my PC doesn't come with Bluetooth and thus I'm using a Broadcom bcm20702 to enable Bluetooth on my computer. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both that and the Jabras from Device Manager and had no success. I don't remember making any drastic system changes that could have caused the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue or knows a possible fix/other things I should try?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/DynamicBandit96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DynamicBandit96, Mar 2, 2021
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices

Bluetooth Audio Devices are not connecting in lenovo laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect a Bluetooth audio device to your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the audio device that you are attempting to connect?
    • Are you able to connect any other Bluetooth device to the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 and see if that helps.

You may also want to check the settings mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Setting
      . Select Devices.
    2. Click on Bluetooth & other devices. Toggle the switch to turn on the
      Bluetooth.
    3. Now click on More Bluetooth options
      link from the right pane.
    4. Press Windows + X key and select
      Device Manager
      from the context menu.
    5. Spot and expand the “Bluetooth”. Right click on the driver and select
      “Properties”
    6. Now select Power Management tab. Then
      uncheck the box beside “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    7. Now go to the Bluetooth Settings window opened in
      step 3. Select Options tab
    8. Check the box beside Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC. Click
      OK
    9. Now check if you are able to detect and add the controller

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems with connected devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio problems

2. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  3. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  4. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices: Hi! I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my Bluetooth audio devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still visible, then try again", the weird thing is that I get this problem only with audio devices, the ones that I have used in the past...
  5. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices: Hi! I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my Bluetooth audio devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still visible, then try again", the weird thing is that I get this problem only with audio devices, the ones that I have used in the past...
  6. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't connect bluetooth audio devices to windows 10

Can't connect bluetooth audio devices to windows 10: Hello,2 days ago my ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UR W10 laptop stopped connecting to my bluetooth earbuds. I tried my other bluetooth audio devices such as speakers and headsets. But the problem continued. It connects to other bluetooth devices. But whenever I try to connect any...
  8. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  9. problems with bluetooth and device connectivity

problems with bluetooth and device connectivity: dear community, i have just upgraded my laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 and the bluetooth was working just fine. after a while suddenly it stopped working. my pc wont recognise any of the bluetooth devices. to top it all off, my device wont connect to any of the ohines...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...