Windows 10: Windows 10 bluetooth audio stuttering/cutting out

Discus and support Windows 10 bluetooth audio stuttering/cutting out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just got a new pair of AirPods for Christmas (*Smile), and they work perfectly when I use them with my iPhone. But when I connect them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mlp, Dec 27, 2019.

1. MLP
    mlp Win User

Windows 10 bluetooth audio stuttering/cutting out

Hi everyone,

I just got a new pair of AirPods for Christmas (*Smile), and they work perfectly when I use them with my iPhone. But when I connect them to my laptop (HP Pavilion Power 15), I run into some issues. First of all, I need to turn the volume up on the AirPods to at least 50% to get the same loudness as around 10% on my corded headphones (they may just be quiet). Second of all, about every 5 or so seconds, the audio stutters or cuts out, which is really driving me crazy. It happens on multiple platforms (YouTube, Spotify, etc.) and on multiple devices (AirPods and Amazon Echo) so I believe the issue is on my laptop. I've tried updating the audio drivers, but with no luck. Has anybody else ran into this issue?

Oh, and I'm running Windows Version 1903.

Thanks!

:)

2. Fenrisian Win User

Bluetooth Audio stuttering

Recently upgraded my PC and reinstalled Windows 10.

I run my main audio through a Razer Leviathan bluetooth speaker and a headset through the optical connector for comms.

Never had any issues until recently, where any audio stutters when coming through the Bluetooth speaker. There's no stutter through the headset for any audio (comms, music, youtube, netflix etc) and there's no stutter if I connect the speaker to another
    device such as my phone and hold it at the other side of the house. I recently bought a USB Bluetooth adapter in case it was something faulty on my new motherboard, but the issue persists with this device too.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers and reconnecting for Bluetooth and the speaker, but the problem persists. If I move the speaker, sometimes the signal cuts out entirely or it can be fine, but it has not been moved from the same spot on my desk prior to
    the issue occurring so it's not an issue of the location of the speaker. There's no WiFi (cabled and disabled the WiFi option) and just a desk surface for the signal to pass through. Again, it could connect to my phone on the other side of the house and play
    audio fine.

I'm thinking its a software/driver problem at this point.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Fenrisian, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Bluetooth audio stutters constantly, unusable

I had to replace my motherboard and reinstalled Windows 10 Professional (64 bit) since then my Bluetooth headphones are unstable and constantly stutter. Despite having a 100m range Bluetooth adapter moving just 1-2m away generally loses the connection.
    Even the smallest movement causes the audio to stutter or cut out. The connection seems to work a bit better if I switch them from stereo mode to hands-free, but the quality of the audio is very poor in that mode.

Alternatively, when I pair the same headphones to my phone there are no audio issues and the range is 10m or more. I have purchased a new Bluetooth adapter and a new pair of headphones and get the same results.

Have tried:

• Reinstalled all drivers, including audio drivers

• Uninstall, reinstall Bluetooth

• Shut off WiFi to check for interference

• Tried with 4 different Bluetooth audio devices, speakers/headphones always the same issue

• Ran Bluetooth and audio troubleshooter

Frank Falupa, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Suman_B Win User

Bluetooth Audio stuttering

Hi Fenrisian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing Bluetooth Audio stuttering issue on Windows 10. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need
    some information.

1. May I know the make and the model of the computer?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

I suggest you to refer the ‘Audio’ section from Fix Bluetooth
    problems in Windows 10
    article and check if it fixes the issue.

Registry Disclaimer:

The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information
    in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information

I look forward to your reply

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 bluetooth audio stuttering/cutting out - Similar Threads - bluetooth audio stuttering

2. bluetooth audio keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth audio keeps cutting out: after a not-so-recent reinstall of win10 my plantronics bluetooth headphones have stoppped working. something changed with the drivers such that where before i had two separate audio devices one for just headphones, one for use with the mic i now only have one labeled...
  3. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  4. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  5. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth audio cuts out

Bluetooth audio cuts out: My bluetooth has stopped working recently and I don't know why. I'm using the same headphones I've used for months. I also connected a second bluetooth pair of headphones and they had the same issue. Both sets of headphones work on other devices without issue. I have done the...
  7. Bluetooth audio connection cuts in and out

Bluetooth audio connection cuts in and out: For the past month all audio through bluetooth has been "stuttering" or cutting in and out randomly. Sometimes it isn't very bad, and sometimes the audio just doesn't play at all. My headset will connect through bluetooth, but wont connect to music audio. I have tried...
  8. Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out: Hello all, The Bluetooth audio of my Windows 10 (version 2004) keeps cutting out. A thread on Microsoft's website says that one needs to uncheck the box which determines whether the device can have its power cut by Windows to save power. I went through device manager and...
  9. Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio keeps cutting in and out: When I am using my Bluetooth audio device it always cuts out after a minutes or so then cuts in and out. This really annoying since Bluetooth is my only audio source. submitted by /u/Paullyo3 [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.

Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.: I troubleshoot the bluetooth in Windows and it tells me "Check Bluetooth radio status (FIXED)". Every time I run the troubleshooting., I get this message. All Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I double checked in device manager. Bluetooth speaker is default sound under...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amazon echo bluetooth stutter pc

2. hp windows 10 bluetooth audi stuttering

3. bluetooth started stuttering echo dot windows 10

4. bluetooth cuts in and out bootcamp,
  5. windows 10 music stuttering