Windows 10: Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update.

Discus and support Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two days ago (16 Nov), bluetooth headphones (2 pairs) connected perfectly to MSI laptop running Windows 10 ver 1803. New update was pushed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TristanMG, Nov 17, 2018.

1. TristanMG Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update.

Two days ago (16 Nov), bluetooth headphones (2 pairs) connected perfectly to MSI laptop running Windows 10 ver 1803. New update was pushed and installed (KB4023057) and suddenly bluetooth stopped being able to connect to previously connected headphones. Worked great in the morning and stopped in the afternoon. Initially, the bluetooth adapter was completely removed from the device manager. After removing and reinstalling the driver software for Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1 from MSI and Killer (card manufacturer I believe), then Windows 10 finally recognized the device. After finally recognizing that the card was present, Windows cannot connect to a previously paired set of headphones nor a new bluetooth headphone. I have tried all of the options for resetting the bluetooth many times from the following sites:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/fix-no-bluetooth-in-device-manager-on-windows-10-8-7-xp-vista-computer.html

And many others too numerous to list.

I have disabled and reenabled the adapter.

I have used previous versions of the driver (10.0.0.102/448) and the newest driver (10.0.0.709) and installed, reinstalled, removed, rebooted, and cold started in every combination possible.

I have unpaired all devices from the computer.

I have removed all paired devices from my headphones (Bose QC35 II) and tried to reconnect (it connects perfectly to my iPad and Pixel 2XL).

I have disabled and reenabled the Microsoft Enumerators.

I have disabled and reenabled the support services (using both local account and this account in the Log On tab).

I have the most up to date software and firmware for the headphones.

I am out of options from my end. Anything I missed or suggestions? Is this another bug connected to the update process?

:)

TristanMG, Nov 17, 2018

2. Bluetooth audio headset not recognized by Windows - won't pair/connect

Hi,

I've run into a problem recently with pairing my wireless Bose Soundsport headphones to my PC. Up until recently, the headphones paired and worked fine with my PC and iPhone simultaneously. I have 2 pairs of these exact headphones, and neither of them connect to this PC. However, they still connect to any other device.

The problem I am experiencing has persisted ever since I installed a graphics driver update via the GeForce Experience application (version 397.64, released on 05/09/2018). I updated this driver as a result of a few Memory_Management BSOD's and crashes while playing Fortnite.

Before anyone says, "Have you tried a troubleshooter / reinstall bluetooth drivers / make device discoverable / etc..." , please know that I've gone through the basic steps to solve problems like these. The only thing I haven't done is revert to a previous graphics driver - as I'd rather not do that. From a few hours of research, I haven't seen a problem similar to this.

What I Am Experiencing:
    - I've paired and un-paired this device many times in the past. So I know the procedure.
    - When I set the headphones to "Ready to Pair", the device name is expected to appear in the device list after clicking "Add Bluetooth or other device" in Windows Bluetooth settings.
    - Instead, I only see an audio device called "Headphone" that, when clicked, will just say "Connecting..." indefinitely (see attached image).

In the past, the "Add Bluetooth or other device" would display the name of the device (Bose Soundsport), whereas now it only displays "Headphone". Why can my PC only see the headphones?

Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update. [​IMG]

davyjones90, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update.

Bluetooth mouse paired but will not connected any more

Hi there,

My Bluetooth mouse "Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse" is paired to my PC but will not connect any more. The only mean I found to get it back to work is to go in the Windows menu: Settings > Devices > Bluetooth, to delete "Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse" device, to push the bluetooth pairing button on the mouse and to request new pairing on PC side. Then it is paired and connected, it works for a while, and then again connection is definitely lost and I need to redo all the stuff above.

Drivers (mouse and bluetooth radio) are up-to-date as said by Windows itself.

Anyone had this kind of problem? Any idea on how to solve it?
    I think it is linked to my update from WIN 7 to WIN 10.

Many thanks by advance!

quetzalcoatl, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update.

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth cannot pair/connect after update. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth cannot pair

2. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...: Attempting to connect a bluetooth speaker to my computer. I am able to pair the speaker but not able to connect. However if I pair the speaker, turn it off and back on the speaker connects but does not show up in audio devices.So really it's 2 issues:1 Bluetooth Speaker will...
  3. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...: Attempting to connect a bluetooth speaker to my computer. I am able to pair the speaker but not able to connect. However if I pair the speaker, turn it off and back on the speaker connects but does not show up in audio devices.So really it's 2 issues:1 Bluetooth Speaker will...
  4. Bluetooth Speaker/Headsets will not connect to Bluetooth after pairing. IF Connected after...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  6. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  7. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Bluetooth Headphones Paired, But Cannot Connect.

Windows 10 Bluetooth Headphones Paired, But Cannot Connect.: I just recently bought a ASUS TUF Gaming F15 laptop and noticed that although I was able to pair my Bluetooth headphones with the laptop, I could not connect to the headphones after clicking the 'Connect' button under the listed headphones in my case it was the JBL TUNE...
  9. BlueTooth Connectivity - Paired But Not Connected On Windows 10

BlueTooth Connectivity - Paired But Not Connected On Windows 10: Hi All, I received a notification that my drivers were out of date, so I used a third party software (DriverPack Solutions) to do some updating for me. After it finished I noticed that some of the additions to my laptop had stopped working, notably my second monitor and...
  10. Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices

Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices: ^Title. Headphones work fine while connecting to other devices, (phone, a different computer)However, this computer can't connect to any bluetooth devices. Upon running Toubleshoot>Bluetooth Devices, It tells me that the bluetooth radio wasn't enabled, and enabled it. And...