Windows 10: Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives?

Discus and support Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, I am unable to connect any Bluetooth device to my computer. The strange thing is, however, that Bluetooth is technically working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AHal, Mar 22, 2019.

1. AHal Win User

Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives?

Hello,

Recently, I am unable to connect any Bluetooth device to my computer. The strange thing is, however, that Bluetooth is technically working, meaning that my computer searches and finds the devices I would like to connect to and identifies them by name (for example, My Headphones and Xbox Wireless Controller). The problem is that once I select an item to connect to - which is indeed in pairing mode - my Windows Bluetooth settings display "Connecting" with the dots that slide across while it is connecting, however it never connects. It is important to note that it does NOT "fail" to connect - it simply stays forever on "Connecting" without ever actually connecting or failing to connect.

There is not any one specific type of device that causes this: it happens with every single Bluetooth device that I try and connect.

Some troubleshooting I've done:

- Power cycled bluetooth

- Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter, which says 'fixed' a problem but really it just turns Bluetooth on and changes nothing.

- Disabled and re-enabled Bluetooth Radio in Device Manager.

- Uninstalled Bluetooth Radio and re-installed in Device Manager.

- Checked for driver updates.

- Manually re-installed Bluetooth drivers.

- Created a secondary local admin Windows login account (experiences the same problem).

- Tried to connect by sending a Bluetooth file to my Bluetooth device (has worked in the past, but does not connect currently).

Basically, the only thing left that I can think of is to do a clean Windows installation, which is something that I desperately want to avoid at all costs right now.

Has this problem happened before and are there recommended troubleshooting steps that I haven't already listed? The Bluetooth Radio is clearly working because it finds devices in pairing mode, it just gets stuck while connecting to them.

Thank you for any assistance or recommendations. I really need to solve this problem.

Cheers

:)

2. alceryes Win User

Windows 10 not giving PIN to connect Dell bluetooth keyboard

Windows 10 Pro.
    Intel Bluetooth on Lenovo ideapad Y500.

The keyboard was originally connected without issues. Nephew changed batteries and tried to go through re-connection (even though he didn't need to). Now every time we go to connect it finds the keyboard but asks to enter the pin. He originally told me that it did give him a pin (6 digit?) but he ignored it.
    No bluetooth keyboard is present in the list of devices. Bluetooth mouse works fine. We have tried 0000, 1234 and 123456. I think it's still looking for the code it originally gave. Uninstalled bluetooth from device manager, rebooted and let it reinstall. Still asks for pin without giving a new one. I need to find a way to reset it so it gives another PIN.

Trying to diagnose over phone and slooooooow join me session. World is ending because nephew can't play games. *Wink
    Help

alceryes, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Mar 22, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives?

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Bluetooth gets stuck "connecting" every time, for any device. What gives? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth gets stuck

2. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  3. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device: i was trying but still my device is not connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-connect-with-device-and-not-show/46a75e60-4fd2-47c1-9a6a-f9551feff9b4
  4. Bluetooth is not connect with device and not show any device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect any Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect any Bluetooth devices: I'm using Asus Bluetooth Dongle USB-BT500 and in my Windows 10 computer I can't connect any devices, if I use the same dongle and same device I want to connect in any other computer, the devices connect successfully.How can I restore factory settings for Bluetooth in my...
  6. Can't connect any Bluetooth devices

Can't connect any Bluetooth devices: I'm using Asus Bluetooth Dongle USB-BT500 and in my Windows 10 computer I can't connect any devices, if I use the same dongle and same device I want to connect in any other computer, the devices connect successfully.How can I restore factory settings for Bluetooth in my...
  7. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device: I can't connect devices to my laptop via Bluetooth, I've been troubleshooting and trying to fix this issue for the past 2 weeks, here's a list of everything I've tried:- Connecting devices to phone confirms there's something wrong with my laptop- Turn Bluetooth off and back...
  8. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device: I can't connect devices to my laptop via Bluetooth, I've been troubleshooting and trying to fix this issue for the past 2 weeks, here's a list of everything I've tried:- Connecting devices to phone confirms there's something wrong with my laptop- Turn Bluetooth off and back...
  9. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

10. Bluetooth does not connect to any device

Bluetooth does not connect to any device: Hello, No device can connect to my computer, I have tested the bluetooth device and it works fine connecting to other devices. My bluetooth is turned on, but when I run the Bluetooth troubleshooter it goes to "fixing problems" and says "turning on bluetooth" though it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 bluetooth stuck connecting

2. windows 10 bluetooth hangs on connecting

3. windows 10 stuck connecting to bluetooth device