Windows 10: Windows 10 - bluetooth / hdmi conflict

Discus and support Windows 10 - bluetooth / hdmi conflict in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my TV setup to run off of a Windows 10 box for streaming, etc. Periodically I will use bluetooth headphones instead of the TV speakers. Until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MB_1639, Dec 18, 2020.

1. MB_1639 Win User

Windows 10 - bluetooth / hdmi conflict

I have my TV setup to run off of a Windows 10 box for streaming, etc. Periodically I will use bluetooth headphones instead of the TV speakers. Until recently I could just turn off the bluetooth headphones and the sound would automatically re-route to the TV via a display to HDMI cable. Now, I have to completely remove the headset from the bluetooth settings AND reboot the machine before it will recognize the TV as the place to send the audio.

This occured right after the most recent Windows 10 update locked me into a blue-screen and I had to have the system re-installed.

Any ideas on whether there is a simple solution that doesn't require 5 steps + a reboot everytime I want to switch?

:)

MB_1639, Dec 18, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Dec 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|Networking / IoT / Servers |ASUS Global

P4-630, Dec 18, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - bluetooth / hdmi conflict - Similar Threads - bluetooth hdmi conflict

2. Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone: Well, you folks are my last hope. I have five Bluetooth headsets, all purchased long after my Windows 10 desktop which has all of the upgrades. However, even though the headsets' audio works fine, none are recognized for speech by Windows 10. I have tried every solution...
  3. Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone: Well, you folks are my last hope. I have five Bluetooth headsets, all purchased long after my Windows 10 desktop which has all of the upgrades. However, even though the headsets' audio works fine, none are recognized for speech by Windows 10. I have tried every solution...
  4. Conflict with Bluetooth Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 conflict: My Sony vaio laptop no longer connects to WiFi automatically on startup. I can’t turn WiFi on via the windows network & sharing centre but I can if I head to the viao smart Center and advanced settings. I’ve triple checked that those settings are configured to start...
  6. Bluetooth/VPN conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth/VPN conflict: When is MS going to STOP this nonsense of replacing Bluetooth with VPN in the Action Center during every little update?? It's not just that it's gone in the Action Center. Seeing VPN there instead of Connect is simply the indicator that my Bluetooth connection is now f**ked...
  7. Bluetooth/VPN conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth/VPN conflict: When is MS going to STOP this nonsense of replacing Bluetooth with VPN in the Action Center during every little update?? It's not just that it's gone in the Action Center. Seeing VPN there instead of Connect is simply the indicator that my Bluetooth connection is now f**ked...
  8. Bluetooth/VPN conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. HDMI Conflict

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Conflict: I have an HDMI port on my PC case and when I connect an HDMI cord from the case to my big screen tv and then reboot, NOTHING seems to work. At times when I make that connection and don't reboot, things seem to work fine. I updated my display drivers and that did NOT seem to...
  10. HDMI Conflict

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI Conflict: I have an HDMI port on my PC case and when I connect an HDMI cord from the case to my big screen tv and then reboot, NOTHING seems to work. At times when I make that connection and don't reboot, things seem to work fine. I updated my display drivers and that did NOT seem to...