Windows 10: Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible

Discus and support Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As you can see from the image, my OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 headphones connect to my PC fine, but when connected i see those two options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NateVemuri, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible

Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible 80026e2b-e30e-4f46-87df-26cc5dde1b3f?upload=true.png

As you can see from the image, my OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 headphones connect to my PC fine, but when connected i see those two options. The 'Headphone' option sounds worse than my phone no AptX on PC but fine and totally usable. This option does not allow the use of the earbuds mic. To use the headphones mic on a video call, I must use the headset option. This option sounds terrible, it makes them mono instead of stereo, the volume is really quiet. It just sounds worse in other ways too. I don't quite know how to explain sound but this analogy works: Earbuds + Phone AptX = 1080p. Earbuds + PC Headphone = 720p. Earbuds + PC Headset = 240p. When hearing people speak through the headset option it actually hurts my ears. It does not on the headphone option.

Why is it doing this? Is there a way to make Windows and Bluetooth play nicely together?

Thank you!

:)

NateVemuri, Jan 18, 2021
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Jan 18, 2021
  4. gordon99 Win User

Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible

Bluetooth headphone sound volume keeps changing.

I have a relatively new Bluetooth Pulse Echo headphone set and an Acer Aspire 3 notebook that has Windows 10 O/S. When I use the headphones with the notebook in wireless mode the sound volume alternates between normal and very low. I have run Windows Bluetooth fault finder and disabled sound enhancements to no effect. The headphones work fine in conjunction with my iPad however.
    Could anyone suggest a solution for this problem please?

gordon99, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible

1. Windows 10- Bluetooth headphones with mic shows up with two options and one sounds terrible - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headphones mic

2. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic: My hyperx cloud stinger headset on my acer nitro 5 gaming pc is showing up as a headphone and not a headset and theres no mic showing even though my headset has a mic. Is this fixable? i need help...
  3. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic: My hyperx cloud stinger headset on my acer nitro 5 gaming pc is showing up as a headphone and not a headset and theres no mic showing even though my headset has a mic. Is this fixable? i need help...
  4. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headphones show up as two devices in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth headphones show up as two devices in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some users reported that Bluetooth headphones show up as two devices on their Windows 11/10. When this problem occurs, the audio quality is adversely affected, which can be frustrating. If you’re experiencing a similar issue on your Windows device, turn off your...
  6. USB Bluetooth not showing mic in Windows for bt Headphones

USB Bluetooth not showing mic in Windows for bt Headphones: As the title says, USB bluetooth dongles aren't showing the microphone as a device for Wireless Headphones. I bought Tobo USB Bluetooth Adapter,5.0 Bluetooth Dongle: Amazon.in: Electronics this since my desktop/laptop both don't have an in built Bluetooth. I know my...
  7. Terrible Bluetooth sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terrible Bluetooth sound: Does anyone have a fix for low quality bluetooth audio on Windows? My galaxy buds sounds really great on my phone but on Windows the sound easily gets distorted at certain parts of music/movies. submitted by /u/kiddfrommars [link] [comments]...
  8. Headphone Mic picking up device sounds

Headphone Mic picking up device sounds: I recently started playing some online games like PUBG Lite, Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege etc., where people complained that they are getting echo from me. So, just to make sure that it was me I started recording on the Vice Recorder app and simultaneously turned on a...
  9. Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones

Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones: I'm trying to connect my bluetooth headset in this case a pair of wireless earbuds,Cambridge Audio Melomania so that I can use it as both an audio receiver and a mic. This works fine when I connect to my phone. Whenever I try and connect them through windows settings, and...
  10. Terrible sound in headphones

Terrible sound in headphones: The sound in my headphones is terrible because I hear echo and the bass is bad. This issue can be associated with headphones because I don’t have any issues with without them. I checked using different headphones and the issue persists...