Windows 10: Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

Discus and support Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Microsoft Modern keyboard and mouse and I am running Windows 10. Weekly, I run into an issue where one of the keys will act as if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David K Aichele, May 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

I have the Microsoft Modern keyboard and mouse and I am running Windows 10. Weekly, I run into an issue where one of the keys will act as if it is stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. The keyboard becomes unresponsive and will continue to press the key until the system ultimately locks up... at which point I am forced to hard reset my PC, losing work and valuable time. The mouse is also unresponsive at this time. I don't even have to be using the keyboard when this happens... in fact, more times than not it happens while I am away at a meeting.

The issue is random in nature. The repeating keys could be any key, including the backspace. The issue occurs whether I am at my desk or not, but in most cases it happens while I am away.

I have taken the batteries out of the keyboard to stop the action, but it does not help. I have replaced the batteries with fresh ones, but it does not help. There is nothing that can be done to troubleshoot the issue while it occurs, except hard reset my PC. I have turned Bluetooth off and on. I have removed and added both devices, and added them back. I have removed the drivers and added them back. I have pounded on the keyboard with my fist. I have slammed the keyboard on my desk. These last two were a joke intended to see how you like it when your time is wasted.

These devices were intended to simplify my life, and are creating a great deal of lost work. Please provide a solution before I demonstrate on Youtubes how to thoroughly destroy Microsoft's "premium" devices.

:)

David K Aichele, May 29, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

Hello Trick,

To better assist you with the wireless keyboard and mouse on your Surface Studio device, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the steps provided above by
      Vanessa Sohtun
      ?
    • Have you tried manually updating the drivers in Device Manager?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, you can refer to this link:
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to help you with your query.

Should you have questions, don't hesitate to post it on this thread.

Jelo Sen, May 29, 2019
  3. bluetooth keyboard and mouse

i have the mirosoft bluetooth keyboard / mouse and i cant use it untill windows boots up meaning i have to plug up a corded keyboard to get to the bios durins stratup or post

does anyone know about this is there a fix tried searching myself no luck

tony929292, May 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

1. Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard mouse

2. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: Randomly, mouse doesn't move and keyboard input does not do anythingThey respond again after i open Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 ****?I have tried to update to Lenovos latest Bluetooth driver for IntelR Wireless BluetoothR - no improvement. I have also tried to download a...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  5. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Connection Issues/Freezing

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Connection Issues/Freezing: So I have googled this in different ways and none of the issues are like the ones I am having.Basically my MX keys and logitech G604 freeze while I am doing any activity I think its random timing but I have not timed it. I have the HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0023w, and this...
  7. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze. I have to pull out my USB mouse so I can click on the bluetooth icon in the systray and then click on "Show Bluetooth devices". As soon as the "Bluetooth and other devices" window appears, the mouse and...
  8. Bluetooth mouse & keyboard randomly deactivating

Bluetooth mouse & keyboard randomly deactivating: Hello, I have a problem with my bluetooth devices in Windows 10 pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. What's happening is that I have a bluetooth mouse paired to my computer and it randomly stops working UNTIL I open up the bluetooth settings, as soon as I open up the setting...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10: After auto update to version 1903 on 64 bit processor, the computer freezes when keyboard or mouse is left idle for 2 to 5 minutes. How do I resolve this problem?...
  10. Bluetooth keyboard + mouse freezing

Bluetooth keyboard + mouse freezing: I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Z2 Mini G4. I have a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With both the keyboard and the mouse I'm having an issue where if I don't touch the device for a few seconds, it seems to go to sleep. That is: say I don't move the mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface laptop 3 bluetooth mouse freeze

2. windows 10 bluetooth keyboard freezes

3. microsoft bluetooth keyboard freezes

4. windows 10 bluetooth adapter randomly crashes,
  5. dell bluetooth keyboard works with new batteries and then freezes,
  6. windows 10 bluetooth mouse randomly hangs