Windows 10: Windows 10 Bluetooth Range for Xbox One Controller Shorter Than One Foot

Discus and support Windows 10 Bluetooth Range for Xbox One Controller Shorter Than One Foot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The issue is as the title says, my xbox one S controller disconnects if I move it even halfway across my desk from my computer. You can see it here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielThw, Oct 1, 2019.

1. DanielThw Win User

Windows 10 Bluetooth Range for Xbox One Controller Shorter Than One Foot

The issue is as the title says, my xbox one S controller disconnects if I move it even halfway across my desk from my computer. You can see it here, the PC is just off camera to the left: https://streamable.com/70rnv

I have an intel bluetooth adapter. I've tried reinstalling the drivers (three times using different versions), I've turned off all other wireless and bluetooth devices to make sure there was no signal interference, i've reinstalled the xbone controller drivers and updated its firmware, i've replaced the batteries, so far nothing has worked. I have a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth headset and both stay connected even from outside the house, but the controller fails outside a matter of inches. This controller is practically new, i've only used it to play one other game. Any other ideas?

:)

DanielThw, Oct 1, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Acelyn Alc, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Bluetooth Range for Xbox One Controller Shorter Than One Foot - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Range Xbox

2. My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.: First off, I would like to say that yes the controller does support bluetooth. It pops up when I connect it to my pc. Wired on pc works but I wanted to use it wirelessly, and the controller is updated. Whenever I use my controller on my xbox, it works perfect except...
  3. My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.: First off, I would like to say that yes the controller does support bluetooth. It pops up when I connect it to my pc. Whenever I use my controller on my xbox, it works perfect except sometimes it does turn off and then back on but it isn't often. When I try connecting it to...
  4. Xbox One controller not appearing in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not appearing in bluetooth: The new controller I picked up is not listed as a bluetooth device under bluetooth setting. Additionally it will not show up under 'control panel' add a device. Controller pairs fine to android phones and works. I have managed to pair it earlier on in the week and it...
  5. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  6. Xbox One Controller Range Reduction After Firmware Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Range Reduction After Firmware Update: Hi, I have my Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.720 system hooked up to my TV and I was using Xbox One controllers wirelessly. The distance from the Asus BT-400 Bluetooth dongle to the seating area is about 4.2m 14' away. When the controllers were fresh out of the box,...
  7. Using a Xbox One bluetooth enabled controller with both Xbox One and PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a Xbox One bluetooth enabled controller with both Xbox One and PC: I would like to use my Bluetooth enabled controller with both my PC and my Xbox One. The Xbox reconnects to the controller just fine when it has been connected to my PC, but the other way around is proving difficult. When I want to reconnect my controller to my PC, I have...
  8. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  9. Xbox one controller on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10: My pc quit detecting my Xbox One controller 3.5mm audio input when connected via USB. I normally only connect wired but after setting up bluetooth connection, even after forgetting the bluetooth device, the audio capabilities options have completely disappeared. Ive tried...
  10. xbox one controller bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller bluetooth not working: everything is on and searching but they will not pair up, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-controller-bluetooth-not-working/0a7535e0-5709-4c39-81db-e5c52123a677