Windows 10: [Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate"

Discus and support [Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys/gals I´ve been crazy about this issue where your bluetooth speakers starts cutting the sound at low volumes or when you have certain sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Elcosomalo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. [Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate"

Hi guys/gals

I´ve been crazy about this issue where your bluetooth speakers starts cutting the sound at low volumes or when you have certain sounds played like rain sounds or something that sounds close to static noise and took a whole day investigating this.

To make this history short:

What could be the causes?:

• It could be a Microsoft thing but it is a combination of hardware speakers and software the OS. I didn´t have this problem while testing using android phones.
    • The hardware in this case bluetooth speakers have some kind of battery preservation circuit where if they detect low volume "noise" could be rain sound, wind, etc it shuts off the audio to conserve power. That is called "noise gate", it prevents noise when you are "not using" the speakers if you are a guitar player, you already know this term.

How do I fix this?:

• So, the thing here is that you cannot apply a clean fix for this. And with clean, I mean a microsoft patch, new driver or something like that.
    • What you need to do is to send a "keep alive" noise constantly to the speakers to force them to shut off the noise gate and let all sounds ring. The good news is that a low level sound is good enough to do this and you wont notice its there because you can´t hear it. The bad news is that you will need to have a minimal sound player on the background invisible playing this sound in an infinite loop causing around %1 cpu processing all the time, this should be nothing for modern PC´s but I want to let you know "what is happening under the hood".

STEPS:

1. Download the zip file from my onedrive: here
    2. Extract to folder "BT SPEAKER FIX" it creates this automatically when unziping
    3. Double click "INSTALL.BAT"
    4. Restart the PC.

What is this mysterious file?:

• The zip file contains a mini command line audio player called Sounder all rights to the dev of the app
    • A 20hz .wav sound file
    • 3 Batch files made by me:

start.bat this will start playing the 20hz sound file on every reboot automatically on an endless loop

INSTALL.BAT this will create a folder called "FIX BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS" on your user profile folder and move all files there and also will copy start.bat to the startup folder in windows for automatic start on every reboot to see this do WIN + R and type shell:startup and hit enter

UNINSTALL.BAT this will stop the sounder process and delete start.bat from the startup folder so it doesn´t start next reboot

If you want to completely delete all files you have to manually delete the "FIX BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS" folder in your user profile folder usually C:\users\YOURUSERNAME just make sure to execute "UNINSTALL.BAT" first so it deletes the automatic startup before deleting the whole folder.

If it works then congrats!! your problem was like mine and it should be "fixed"If it doesn´t then check the usual troubleshooting, make sure the BT devices have good signal, reinstall drivers, etc... your problem is different than mine :

Have a nice one everybody!

:)

Elcosomalo, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Bluetooth speaker

Hello,

Let's get your Venstar speaker sorted. This issue can be due to several reasons. To isolate the cause of this problem, we suggest that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

For additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform, you may refer to the following link:

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

We also recommend that you refer to the Music doesn’t play over my Bluetooth speaker. How can I fix this? section in the following link:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

[Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate"

Bluetooth Speaker No Settings Available.

Hello, So I recently purchased a Bluetooth LED Light Bulb Speaker...(it looked interesting *shrugs*)
    The sound is decent for what it is, I just have one problem. If I'm watching a video on YouTube for example and it's someone talking. When they stop talking and the begin to talk again there is a popping sound and a few milliseconds are cut off...almost as if the speakers went to power saving mode while no audio is playing. This happens if there is a couple seconds of no talking to one minute of no talking it doesn't matter. The Bluetooth LED Bulb itself has no settings I can mess with and I've searched threw settings within Windows 10. The Power Management for the Bluetooth itself is set to not go to sleep which I understand this is a different setting than the actual speaker. So I'm at a loss and don't know what to do.

Any Suggestions?

Arily, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

[Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate"

1. [Windows 10] Bluetooth speakers FIX - Audio cuts, "noise gate" - Similar Threads - Bluetooth speakers FIX

2. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  3. Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone - Audio Cutting out Windows 10: Hello,I recently purchased two separate headsets, one was a Bose and the other current one is now a Sony. Both purchased today, I tested on my phone and both work great, however neither work properly on my PC. The first one was cutting out really bad on my PC, I connected to...
  4. Bluetooth speakers keep cutting on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speakers keep cutting on laptop: Hi, I recently bought a Sony WF-XB700 Bluetooth speakers which I loved to use on my smartphone, but when I tried to use them on my laptop, the voice would work for a few seconds, then cut off for a few seconds and so on. Please tell me if there is anything I can do...
  5. Bluetooth speakers keep cutting on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth speakers keep cutting on laptop: Hi, I recently bought a Sony WF-XB700 Bluetooth speakers which I loved to use on my smartphone, but when I tried to use them on my laptop, the voice would work for a few seconds, then cut off for a few seconds and so on. Please tell me if there is anything I can do...
  6. Bluetooth speakers keep cutting on laptop

7. Bluetooth audio cuts out

Bluetooth audio cuts out: My bluetooth has stopped working recently and I don't know why. I'm using the same headphones I've used for months. I also connected a second bluetooth pair of headphones and they had the same issue. Both sets of headphones work on other devices without issue. I have done the...
  8. Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Cutting Out: Hello all, The Bluetooth audio of my Windows 10 (version 2004) keeps cutting out. A thread on Microsoft's website says that one needs to uncheck the box which determines whether the device can have its power cut by Windows to save power. I went through device manager and...
  9. Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.

Bluetooth speaker audio on Windows 10 cuts in and out.: I troubleshoot the bluetooth in Windows and it tells me "Check Bluetooth radio status (FIXED)". Every time I run the troubleshooting., I get this message. All Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I double checked in device manager. Bluetooth speaker is default sound under...
  10. Bluetooth Speakers audio

Bluetooth Speakers audio: Dear Microsoft Team, Up until recently I used to connect my PC to my bluetooth speaker without any problems and could listen to my audio without having to wear headphones (I also think this is how it should be ^^). This has changed now, since I haven't been able to get any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth speaker with audio gate