Windows 10: Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.

Discus and support Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my bluetooth dongle has stopped connecting properly to my headphones. It will only pair, but never connect apart from once, for one second,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Acinonyx2, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Acinonyx2 Win User

Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.

Recently, my bluetooth dongle has stopped connecting properly to my headphones. It will only pair, but never connect apart from once, for one second, just after removing the device and pairing again.My bluetooth dongle is external and is from Wavlink 4.0 CSR I believe, I have never run into any problems with it beforehand. The headphones I'm trying to connect are Soundcore Life Q30, but I've tried it with older headphones laying around Marshall Major II Bluetooth, and the result is the same. My PC can however connect to my phone and other, non-audio devices over bluetooth just fine, an

:)

Acinonyx2, Sep 28, 2022
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Don. - Not Headphone Compatible on Windows 10?

Windows 10 version 1903

Short story: Our Iogear GBU521 Bluetooth Dongle was used on a different PC running Windows 7 to connect headphones with good-quality sound. Now, on a Dell Inspiron 580 with Windows 10, we can't get the headphones to work with the same quality anymore.

Depth: All Windows drivers are downloadable on this page of Iogear's website: Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR
    However, it appears as though the Windows 8/8.1/10 driver is really designed for 8 and 8.1 and not 10. That I conclude because the file name, "GBU521_GBU421_Win8_Win8.1_BT_v12.0.0.9980.zip", does not mention Windows 10, thus suggesting my bluetooth audio problems to be originating from a driver compatibility issue.

I've fiddled my life away with the following:
    • WinKey+R / "control panel" / Devices and Printer / (Insert Headphone Name) Properties / Services
    • Start / Settings / Devices / Audio
    • Start / Settings / System / Sound / Output / Troubleshoot
    • Settings within the Iogear bluetooth devices program, which comes with the driver on the aforementioned driver page.
    And have gone through many settings that branch off this list, restarting the computer after each change made. Sometimes it connect with good sound quality, but does not retain this quality after breaking the bluetooth connection (turning the headphones off, restarting PC).

Quick side note: I have a new Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 Mouse connected to this dongle that works completely fine, unlike the headphones.

A solution requires the following results, which goes along the lines of how the bluetooth headphones were connected to this same Iogear dongle on the different PC that had Windows 7:
    • The bluetooth headphones play with decent quality
    • The volume retains it's setting whenever the bluetooth connection is broken by a PC restart, or powering off/on the headphones (I've encountered configurations where the headphones always resets to maximum volume).
    • The bluetooth mouse works fine. This shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
    If we find no solutions, I will simply buy a dongle that works with Windows 10.

I can provide screenshots if needed.
    Thank-you.

ivangoabby, Sep 28, 2022
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth won't connect

2. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC: At first my bluetooth headphones wouldn't connect so i tried to remove them, it said remove failed but it usually does that and it shows up in pairing after, this time it did not. I did that several times to no avail, I restarted my pc thrice. Once normally, once holding the...
  3. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC: At first my bluetooth headphones wouldn't connect so i tried to remove them, it said remove failed but it usually does that and it shows up in pairing after, this time it did not. I did that several times to no avail, I restarted my pc thrice. Once normally, once holding the...
  4. Bluetooth headphones won't connect to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.

Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.: Recently, my bluetooth dongle has stopped connecting properly to my headphones. It will only pair, but never connect apart from once, for one second, just after removing the device and pairing again.My bluetooth dongle is external and is from Wavlink 4.0 CSR I believe, I have...
  6. Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Bluetooth won't connect to my headphones.: Recently, my bluetooth dongle has stopped connecting properly to my headphones. It will only pair, but never connect apart from once, for one second, just after removing the device and pairing again.My bluetooth dongle is external and is from Wavlink 4.0 CSR I believe, I have...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones won't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones won't connect: My Bluetooth headphones won't connect to my PC it says check Bluetooth pin and try again it works when I connect to my phone so it's not the headset that's has problems I searched the internet for solutions but they didn't work here's what I tried connecting through device...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones won't connect

Bluetooth Headphones won't connect: The bluetooth headphones that I use would connect to my laptop just fine, but recently the headphones just pair up with the computer, and won't connect. I have tried connecting the headphones to other devices, and they work just fine. So the problem is not with the...
  9. Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth headphones won't connect audio: I bought a new pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 headphones and have been trying to connect them to my computer but the audio wont connect. I already scoured the internet for a solution and tried every solution listed in this thread...
  10. Installed Windows 10, bluetooth headphones won't connect

Installed Windows 10, bluetooth headphones won't connect: Hey. I just went from windows 8 to 10 and I cannot connect m bluetooth headphones. I get the error "We didn't get any response from this device. Try connecting again." I've tried to update and uninstall the bluetooth drivers in device managers but that didn't seem to fix...