Windows 10: Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

Discus and support Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi all having searched these pages for 2 days now, tried everything i found i cannot fix this issue. my Pioneer BD-Rw 208d blu-ray writer cannot read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonFairchild, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

hi all

having searched these pages for 2 days now, tried everything i found i cannot fix this issue.

my Pioneer BD-Rw 208d blu-ray writer cannot read the disks i backed up using this writer in windows 8.1, just 6 months ago i finally plunged for a new pc and windows 10 upgrade, upon installing windows 10 i could use these discs, so what has changed recently?

i can read cd & dvds, i can burn cds & dvds, i cannot read or burn blu-ray disks of any sort, including original manufactured retail discs, just asks me to INSERT A DISC, drive attempts to read disc Lights on drive active & disc spins but eventually returns null, nothing updates i end up closing box asking to INSERT A DISC.

things i have done/checked

1.firmware of pc/bios/writer all running latest patches

2.swapping sata leads and where they are plugged into on a 6 port board

3.changing/deleting the REGEDIT fixes for upper/lower filters

4.uninstalling device/switching off pc letting pc automatically find drivers again

5.manually removing device and re-installing

6.disabling drive and re-enabling

7.installing 6 different burning programs, some free some purchased.

i am very knowledgeable pc user who builds his own systems from each and every step,

my drive is installed correctly and has assigned a drive letter, is visible and useable on all dvds & cds, why can i not use any blu-ray discs on this device anymore? i have work backed up on these 25gb discs that has taken me years to achieve and i require a fix for this problem urgently.

this is 100% a windows 10 update thing and MS needs to fix what they have broken, i repeat this hasn't been addressed properly and i have found numerous posts requesting this fix, it worked before so surely it is just a case of rolling back certain fixes/updates until said problem is found.

i wait for a solution NOT ALREADY OFFERED by MS

:)

JasonFairchild, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 5, 2020
  3. JimM71 Win User
    Bluray issues with Windows 10

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately none of those steps worked. The problem I'm running into is that device manager is not recognizing the second bluray burner at all. I've unplugged it from the mb, plugged it back in and it doesn't do anything.
    I even tried plugging it into different ports on the mb and still nothing. The bluray burner worked perfectly fine the night before the install of Win10. It does have power to it, it opens and closes fine, it even goes through initialization when starting
    up the computer. Please let me know of any other suggestions. Thank you.

JimM71, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading

1. Windows 10 Bluray Writing Reading - Similar Threads - Bluray Writing Reading

2. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  3. My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My BluRay Disc Drive +RW is being recognized by Windows 7 but doesn't read DVDs, BluRays or...: My BluRay Drive is BH12LS38 and for some reason I am having this problem since a week ago. I tried to restore, use RegEdit... but still nothing. Any suggestions?...
  4. ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT reads discs but will not write

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT reads discs but will not write: Hi there,I have installed a new ASUS Bluray BW-16D1HT internal optical drive. I purchased this to replace an older one which had stopped working on the assumption that it had a hardware fault. Now I doubt that. However, I cannot write anything to the new drive, despite being...
  5. MBR FAT16 READ WRITE

MBR FAT16 READ WRITE: Hi, I am running Win 10 VS 2013 dev environment. I have a USB 25MEG SSD that is bootable. I want to read the MBR from one USB 25MEG SSD then write the MBR to another. Any recommendations? I don't mind writing my own utility, but where to start. Boyd...
  6. Unable to read/write to External disk - Windows 10

Unable to read/write to External disk - Windows 10: Hi Everyone, I am using Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I am having 1 TB external drive and unable to read/write files to it. Please assist. I tried multiple options like changing permissions, change owners, regedit etc Regards, Siva...
  7. how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to read and write to a data cd on windows 10: When I insert a data cd into the cd reader, I get the following screen. I already have a disc in the cd reader. This will show a progress bar at This PC that at fist shows it is progressing, then eventually stops progressing. At that point. I have let it sit for 20 minutes...
  8. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. read/write permission setting in windows 10

read/write permission setting in windows 10: how do i enable write permission on a seagate remote hard drive? I'm on Windows 10 op sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/readwrite-permission-setting-in-windows-10/c8acc14d-3c0b-4f30-bc77-b518daa47ebd
  10. Write to read only memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write to read only memory: I have had two BSODs this morning, the first was PFN list corrupt closely followed by Write to read only memory. This is a clean install of Windows 10, I thought it might cure the BSODs but no such luck. So glad to find this forum. Attachment 82075 51621