Windows 10: Windows 10 Blurry Text

Discus and support Windows 10 Blurry Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChromeScarab, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Blurry Text

So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems to resemble text in games if I force anti-aliasing with my AMD Catalyst Control Center. I have also noticed that if I hover my cursor over icons in the start menu for a while, they turn black and do not return to their original color, and that the current tab in Microsoft Edge is also black instead of white.

I have tried restarting my computer, turning Cleartype off, changing the text size, and changing the custom scale level.

At this point, I'm pretty frustrated as this reduces my efficiency while working online.

Microsoft Edge Screenshot

Windows 10 Blurry Text [​IMG]

Start Menu Screenshot

Windows 10 Blurry Text [​IMG]

:)

ChromeScarab, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Rissachu Win User

Updated to Windows 10, why are some programs blurry?

Just updated to Windows 10 and it's fantastic so far! However, some programs now have blurry and/or huge text. For example, Spotify now has blurry text and AIM now has ridiculously large and blurry text. How can I change this so that they're back to normal?

Rissachu, Aug 27, 2015
  3. idzbark Win User
    Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

This is an old thread and two years passed and I do not see that Microsoft is paying any attention to these complaints on blurry text of Windows 10. After these two years I am still seeing these blurry text fonts on Windows 10, whether looking at laptops
    at BestBuy or trying myself installing Windows 10. These blurry text fonts make Windows 10 unusable to me as it seems is the case for many other users who are paying attention to system text quality. Each time I hope Microsoft fixed these issues with Windows
    10 I need to revert to Windows 8.1 in order to make laptops usable.

Looking at forums I have not seen any solution to blurry text in Windows 10. At BestBuy stores I see typical laptops still blurry. Only very high end with high resolution laptops to not exhibit this problem, perhaps because this text quality issue gets hidden
    by very high resolution. So the only laptops I have seen with usable text quality are those extremely expensive, not the typical 1366x758 laptops. Typical laptops have good text quality with Windows 8.1 but blurry system fonts, such as primary system menus
    in Windows 10.

Is this a premeditated conspiracy to force people to buy very expensive laptops?

idzbark, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Blurry Text

Have you change the settings of your graphic driver (intel, amd or other) ?
    or install/update it recenty.
    Restore the default settings of graphic driver or
    Try reinstalling the graphic driver

I have sucessed on that

hiranyamht, Sep 4, 2015
  5. You must be using Intel's HD Graphics.

Their Win10 driver is still very buggy. Because of this I am holding on to my Win10 upgrade on that tablet I have with Intel HD Graphics (but not because of your issue, there is a workaround for that).

For your particular issue, before they fix their driver, try this as a workaround:

Go to your Intel HD Graphics Setting (a.k.a Intel HD Graphics Control Panel), select the '3D' menu, then under 'Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing' turn this feature off.

You may also want to try the 3rd setting which *may* also help.

The main drawback to this is that your gaming performance will be slower. Don't know if 2D rendering will also take a hit.

seemebreakthis, Sep 4, 2015
  6. esroen Win User
    hey try watch this thread..it worked for me and a lot of people.
    is sad dough this so common bug cant be fixed by windwos itself and has to come from an external fix.
    Solved Blurry text - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

esroen, Sep 4, 2015
  7. BTW this is one of the bugs I mentioned above that caused me to wait until the Intel Graphics driver becomes more stable before upgrading to Win10....

seemebreakthis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Blurry Text

1. Windows 10 Blurry Text - Similar Threads - Blurry Text

2. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  3. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in some applications: I'm getting blurry text in some applications looking like this, there's a temporary fix by just minimizing and maximizing the window, but it always starts degrading again after like 10 seconds, someone please help me fix this. It's super annoying....
  4. Blurry text in some applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?: For some reason recently when I turned on my laptop and opened up Google Docs I noticed that the text/font quality looked off. It looks off in everything, and it looks worse just in google. I have tried many things like restarting my laptop or using ClearType but none of that...
  6. Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?

Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?: For some reason recently when I turned on my laptop and opened up Google Docs I noticed that the text/font quality looked off. It looks off in everything, and it looks worse just in google. I have tried many things like restarting my laptop or using ClearType but none of that...
  7. Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered: As soon as I type anything into the windows start menu search-bar, the menu goes blurry see screenshot. It is fine when i press the windows button, but as soon as i start syping it blurs. Notice the difference in sharpness between the actual search bar and the menu underneath...
  8. Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered

Search bar menu goes blurry when text is entered: As soon as I type anything into the windows start menu search-bar, the menu goes blurry see screenshot. It is fine when i press the windows button, but as soon as i start syping it blurs. Notice the difference in sharpness between the actual search bar and the menu underneath...
  9. My windows 10 x64 is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 x64 is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts: My windows is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts especially with web related browsers and applications. I have tried every possible solution like adjusting clear text functions etc. still i am facing this issue....
  10. My windows 10 x64 is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 x64 is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts: My windows is showing random blurry, fuzzy texts especially with web related browsers and applications. I have tried every possible solution like adjusting clear text functions etc. still i am facing this issue....