Windows 10: Windows 10 Blurry Text

Discus and support Windows 10 Blurry Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChromeScarab, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Blurry Text

So I just got a fresh installation of Windows 10 64 bit on my Alienware 17 (2013) laptop. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when text in Microsoft Edge, the Start Menu, and in default Windows applications like Settings started becoming very blurry. The text seems to resemble text in games if I force anti-aliasing with my AMD Catalyst Control Center. I have also noticed that if I hover my cursor over icons in the start menu for a while, they turn black and do not return to their original color, and that the current tab in Microsoft Edge is also black instead of white.

I have tried restarting my computer, turning Cleartype off, changing the text size, and changing the custom scale level.

At this point, I'm pretty frustrated as this reduces my efficiency while working online.

Microsoft Edge Screenshot

Windows 10 Blurry Text [​IMG]

Start Menu Screenshot

Windows 10 Blurry Text [​IMG]

:)

ChromeScarab, Aug 27, 2015
  2. Rissachu Win User

Updated to Windows 10, why are some programs blurry?

Just updated to Windows 10 and it's fantastic so far! However, some programs now have blurry and/or huge text. For example, Spotify now has blurry text and AIM now has ridiculously large and blurry text. How can I change this so that they're back to normal?

Rissachu, Aug 27, 2015
  3. idzbark Win User
    Fonts in Windows 10 blurry

This is an old thread and two years passed and I do not see that Microsoft is paying any attention to these complaints on blurry text of Windows 10. After these two years I am still seeing these blurry text fonts on Windows 10, whether looking at laptops
    at BestBuy or trying myself installing Windows 10. These blurry text fonts make Windows 10 unusable to me as it seems is the case for many other users who are paying attention to system text quality. Each time I hope Microsoft fixed these issues with Windows
    10 I need to revert to Windows 8.1 in order to make laptops usable.

Looking at forums I have not seen any solution to blurry text in Windows 10. At BestBuy stores I see typical laptops still blurry. Only very high end with high resolution laptops to not exhibit this problem, perhaps because this text quality issue gets hidden
    by very high resolution. So the only laptops I have seen with usable text quality are those extremely expensive, not the typical 1366x758 laptops. Typical laptops have good text quality with Windows 8.1 but blurry system fonts, such as primary system menus
    in Windows 10.

Is this a premeditated conspiracy to force people to buy very expensive laptops?

idzbark, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Blurry Text

Have you change the settings of your graphic driver (intel, amd or other) ?
    or install/update it recenty.
    Restore the default settings of graphic driver or
    Try reinstalling the graphic driver

I have sucessed on that

hiranyamht, Sep 4, 2015
  5. You must be using Intel's HD Graphics.

Their Win10 driver is still very buggy. Because of this I am holding on to my Win10 upgrade on that tablet I have with Intel HD Graphics (but not because of your issue, there is a workaround for that).

For your particular issue, before they fix their driver, try this as a workaround:

Go to your Intel HD Graphics Setting (a.k.a Intel HD Graphics Control Panel), select the '3D' menu, then under 'Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing' turn this feature off.

You may also want to try the 3rd setting which *may* also help.

The main drawback to this is that your gaming performance will be slower. Don't know if 2D rendering will also take a hit.

seemebreakthis, Sep 4, 2015
  6. esroen Win User
    hey try watch this thread..it worked for me and a lot of people.
    is sad dough this so common bug cant be fixed by windwos itself and has to come from an external fix.
    Solved Blurry text - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums

esroen, Sep 4, 2015
  7. BTW this is one of the bugs I mentioned above that caused me to wait until the Intel Graphics driver becomes more stable before upgrading to Win10....

seemebreakthis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Blurry Text

1. Windows 10 Blurry Text - Similar Threads - Blurry Text

2. blurry text with screen resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blurry text with screen resolution: I have purchased an LENOVO ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5.Something is weird with the screen resolution. The default configuration is 1920x1080 and a 150% zoom on screen.Seems to be fine, but some text or icons on some apps are blurry or very small. For instance interface on...
  3. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  4. Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft fixes game performance and blurry text issues in Windows 10: Microsoft released a new update to the Beta and Release Preview channels of its Windows 10 Insiders program that fix several issues affecting some users of the company's operating system. Most updates are pushed to Insider channels first to give them another round of testing...
  5. New Windows 10 bug: News and Interests button may have blurry text

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 bug: News and Interests button may have blurry text: Microsoft confirmed that the News and Interests button may be blurry on some devices on the Windows taskbar. The company added a new known issue to the health dashboard of the recently released Windows 10 version 21H1 operating system version. News and Interest is a...
  6. The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new weather widget text in the taskbar is blurry on a 1440p monitor: I didn't see anyone else bring this up so maybe I missed it if it has. The text for the new taskbar widget is blurry on my 1440p monitors and it makes it look like a poor quality 3rd party add-on. In fact that is what I thought it was, when I first saw it I thought some...
  7. Blurry Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text: Hello,i'm facing an issue where text becomes blurry whenever window goes out of focus, or sometimes even when its in focus text becomes blurry, its same on all apps, i've tried enabling ClearType Text and Let Window automatically fix blurry text options but it doesn't do...
  8. I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why: 2 Why is my picture quality like this on my Cyberpower Ryzen 5 3600 computer?.. : apexlegends reddit.comI put the above link in because it is my reddit post on what kind of problems I am encountering.. I somehow fixed this very problem months ago but cannot figure out how to...
  9. Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry Text and Chromatic Aberration: Hi everyone, like 2 weeks ago I had this problem on a HP Z420 Workstation (Xeon E5-1607 and NVIDIA NVS 310), where basically I had a blurry text and chromatic aberration. The only way to resolve the problem was to unplug and plug again the display port connected to a Lenovo...
  10. blurry, faded texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    blurry, faded texts: hello, I have faded,fading, blurry fonts, texts everywhere where there is text, including online. Please help, should I just uninstall my windows? and install a new one? I mean this is everywhere. I had this problem before and I had to factory reset my computer to fix the...