Windows 10: Windows 10 bogus logon account

Discus and support Windows 10 bogus logon account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a bogus Microsoft account showing as my default logon account. How do I remove it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Don39576, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Don39576 Win User

Windows 10 bogus logon account

I have a bogus Microsoft account showing as my default logon account. How do I remove it?

:)

Don39576, Apr 25, 2020
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 bogus logon account :(

Zakin, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 bogus logon account - Similar Threads - bogus logon account

2. HP defaults to a bogus microsoft account on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP defaults to a bogus microsoft account on startup: There is no "settings" tab or any way to change it. Only options are "wifi" "accessibility" and "power". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-defaults-to-a-bogus-microsoft-account-on/565d9f37-a961-4e06-8452-12fde8151600
  3. HP defaults to a bogus microsoft account on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP defaults to a bogus microsoft account on startup: There is no "settings" tab or any way to change it. Only options are "wifi" "accessibility" and "power". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-defaults-to-a-bogus-microsoft-account-on/565d9f37-a961-4e06-8452-12fde8151600
  4. HP defaults to a bogus microsoft account on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hotmail bogus account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail bogus account: How do I get a Hotmail account opened with my hacked AOL contact list shut dowm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hotmail-bogus-account/15241f56-4470-4171-81ab-0b170b9c89ba
  6. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  7. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  8. Detection of Bogus Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Detection of Bogus Windows 10: There are lots of tools offered by the internet where people can get bogus installer for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detection-of-bogus-windows-10/8a6cf0f8-db33-4eb4-8f59-10564978920f
  9. changing logon account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing logon account: Hi my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password, I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I need to change it to a "local" account first. What is a "local" account? Can I have two laptop logon to the same...
  10. Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error: hello, I have an HP Laserjet P1606DN installed and working. I installed windows 10 on April 2 and when ever I print something I get the following error notification " ERROR PRINTING ON HP LASERJET - PRINTER COULDN'T PRINT (NAME OF REPORT)". The page(s) print anyway with no...