Windows 10: "Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??

Discus and support "Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Oh. my. God. I'm trying to get past this freaking "Windows Boot Manager" under windows10 for 4 hours now and I'm slowly getting freaking mental. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GüntherMaschenberg, Nov 15, 2018.

1. "Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??

Oh. my. God. I'm trying to get past this freaking "Windows Boot Manager" under windows10 for 4 hours now and I'm slowly getting freaking mental.

This is killing me. It's 4 AM and I tried everything possible to mankind to circumvent this boot manager thing.

My Win 10 CD is not working.

My Win 10 USB Stick is not working.

My emergency repair usb stick is not working.

Everything gets blocked by this wierd black window called "windows boot manager" which does NOTHING except for telling me to insert my win10 disk............(which has been inside the pc for 4 hours)........ I think I'm having a mental breakdown writing this. Never has windows ever frustrated me so much as with this in over 10+ years.

If anyone is reading this, thank you. Writing this felt like psychotherapy.

But I give up. I have the simple question left. How do I get past or circumvent this "windows boot manager" window?...... How???

:)

GüntherMaschenberg, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Darkleoco Win User

"Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??

Laptop refusing Windows 7 boot disc

I have an old laptop I am trying to reinstall windows 7 on and I have my original Windows 7 disc but for whatever reason whenever I try to boot from it my laptop just doesn't the disc is still functioning when placed in my desktop but I keep getting a message to reboot and and select a proper boot device message. I have the proper boot device selected as the dvd drive which contains the boot disc and even when i prompt it to boot from their it acts like it does not exist for some reason.

All bios settings for boot priority check out and the dvd drive is functioning normally as of an hour or two ago.

Any thoughts?

Darkleoco, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

"Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??

1. "Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager?? - Similar Threads - Boot Disc blocked

2. Win10 boot disc .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 boot disc .: I'm on a window 11 laptop but need to download a win10 boot disc to USB drive so I can reinstall a desktop. Any problems with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-boot-disc/de07e081-ebda-4313-8773-cf78570d84a6
  3. Win10 boot disc .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 boot disc .: I'm on a window 11 laptop but need to download a win10 boot disc to USB drive so I can reinstall a desktop. Any problems with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-boot-disc/de07e081-ebda-4313-8773-cf78570d84a6
  4. Win10 boot disc .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a pc with Windows 10. Recently I noticed that I was not able to see the boot manager during boot, so the screen has no signal until I see the Windows login screen. I tried to search online and followed the options to set "displaybootmenu"...
  6. Windows boot manager boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot manager boot failure: Upon every start I am getting the message that the windows boot failed, and put a recovery disk. Pressing f8 or any other key doesn't do anything while I attempt to restart the machine. Somebody please advise. Thanks....
  7. Windows boot manager boot failed

Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  8. boot disc

boot disc: I had a 3 day power outage and my HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-a17c died. I do not know the product key but when I originally purchased it from staples, it came with a free Windows 10 upgrade. I think my bios died during the time with no electricity. I need an entire copy of...
  9. generic boot disc

generic boot disc: how do I create a generic boot disc that will start any Windows 10 device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/generic-boot-disc/9387f44b-a6a0-4857-a1b4-afb185f475fb
  10. boot from disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot from disc: With Windows 1803 and a Dell XPS 8300 I tried to boot from a flash drive I created with USB universal Installer and the ISO - Mint. I could not get it to boot either by just tapping F 12 and selecting it as I usually do or changing the boot order in the BIOS. I tried another...