Windows 10: windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

Discus and support windows 10 boot disk startup freezes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; created iso windows 10 but freezes during startup..usb boot does the same..freezes at blue screen with dots freezing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DerekCrawford1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

created iso windows 10 but freezes during startup..usb boot does the same..freezes at blue screen with dots freezing

:)

DerekCrawford1, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which Hard Drive has the active partition?

You can try the following steps:

Method 1: Update the storage drivers on both Hard Drives:

Refer to this
    article
    and select the section Storage controllers.

Method 2: In case the OS gets corrupted, perform Startup repair:

Follow the steps:

1. Boot to Advanced Startup Options.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot.
    3. Click on Advanced options.
    4. Click on Startup Repair.
    5. On the prompt, select the affected OS to perform the Startup repair.

Method 3: Perform check disk commands for Disk errors:

Refer to this article.

Note: Remove all the external devices before performing check disk.

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jul 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue windows 10 boot disk startup freezes :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

1. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes - Similar Threads - boot disk startup

2. Windows 10 Freezes on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes on boot: For the past week or so, my computer has started to freeze on the boot screen once my keyboard lights up the vast majority of the time. I could usually get though this by continually restarting it until it works, and by leaving one of my SSDs unplugged. Now, nothing is...
  3. Windows 10 freezing on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing on startup: This will be the second time I've had this problem the first time it wouldn't update it would freeze while updating. then I tried to start computer and it would freeze. I was able to get data off and reinstall windows. Now i'm trying to get it to boot using the usb drive with...
  4. windows 10 freeze at boot

windows 10 freeze at boot: Windows 10 freeze at boot with no keyboard or mouse function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-at-boot/93b0a066-7347-431e-8a7e-b21cb3720bfe
  5. Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup: Iv been trying to understand what has been causing Boot Failing and Corruption on both windows 10 OP systems. I have 2 windows 10 pros with different keys installed on different ssd drives. I have work pc and a games pc set up however on booting from one OP System to the...
  6. Windows 10 freezes and BSOD constantly and on startup

Windows 10 freezes and BSOD constantly and on startup: Hi all, I recently had my whole computer just completely freeze without even a crash while playing a game. I tried to troubleshoot it myself with some help with forums but nothing worked to fix it from crashing and freezing as soon as I put in my password. I then...
  7. Windows 10 freezing on startup

Windows 10 freezing on startup: Windows 10 freezing either when loading or within a few minutes of windows starting. I tried going back to a system restore point, but after doing that it froze after a few minutes. Hardware Temperatures are normal. I was going to scan with mbam but there was no time to even...
  8. Windows freezes on startup

Windows freezes on startup: ever since ive upgaded to win 10 on starting up my computer it freezes on boot up when it hase the black square with the white dots swirling around they freeze after 4 or 5 passes. i have to hard shut it off and try again some times it can boot up correctly but some times it...
  9. Windows 10 Spinning Bars Freeze On Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Spinning Bars Freeze On Startup: Hello, Ever since I did the fall update on my desktop, I would get frozen bars on startup. This forces me to reboot my computer. Any help would be great! 30437
  10. Windows 10 freezes on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes on boot: When trying to boot into windows 10, it shows up with the normal logo and spinning dots. But now 2 dots will show up and freeze. All usb gagets loose power. Any ideas? 92943

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot disk freezes

2. window 10 boot disk freezes