Windows 10: windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

Discus and support windows 10 boot disk startup freezes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; created iso windows 10 but freezes during startup..usb boot does the same..freezes at blue screen with dots freezing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DerekCrawford1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

created iso windows 10 but freezes during startup..usb boot does the same..freezes at blue screen with dots freezing

:)

DerekCrawford1, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which Hard Drive has the active partition?

You can try the following steps:

Method 1: Update the storage drivers on both Hard Drives:

Refer to this
    article
    and select the section Storage controllers.

Method 2: In case the OS gets corrupted, perform Startup repair:

Follow the steps:

1. Boot to Advanced Startup Options.
    2. Click on Troubleshoot.
    3. Click on Advanced options.
    4. Click on Startup Repair.
    5. On the prompt, select the affected OS to perform the Startup repair.

Method 3: Perform check disk commands for Disk errors:

Refer to this article.

Note: Remove all the external devices before performing check disk.

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jul 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue windows 10 boot disk startup freezes :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 boot disk startup freezes

1. windows 10 boot disk startup freezes - Similar Threads - boot disk startup

2. windows 10 freeze on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze on startup: I have a windows 10 Acer-Nitro5 An515 laptop. i bought it brand new in early 2020, I've been using it frequently for college study purposes only.about a month ago I tried to boot up my laptop, but after two seconds it froze at the spinning dots that indicates that windows...
  3. windows 10 freeze at startup

windows 10 freeze at startup: i have a very unusual problem with my windows 10 home acer laptop. i really hope i can explain it properly .my laptop is acer nitro 5. i only use it for basic stuff. I don't play games on it or do office things. recently i got a problem when i try to boot or reboot the...
  4. Windows 10 freezes on startup

Windows 10 freezes on startup: Hello,I am having this issue with windows 10, when turning on the PC load until the black screen with windows logo and the spinning dots, then freezes.I had a similar issue in the past and the BIOS update solved it.Now again, I cannot run repair, even if I boot from the USB,...
  5. Windows 10 Freeze on startup

Windows 10 Freeze on startup: This happened on my Alienware 17 2014 laptop Just yesterday I had A problem with updating my Nvidia 860M graphics card driver, as I got an error message that stated that my Windows version is incompatible, however I was running the latest version so that shouldnt be a...
  6. Windows 10 freezes at startup

Windows 10 freezes at startup: Over the past week or so, my computer started to freeze up on the home screen once my keyboard turns on the vast majority of the time. Usually I can fix this by continually rebooting until it works. Now nothing works. I tried to disconnect it, then I disconnected all the...
  7. Windows 10 freezes on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezes on startup.: Windows 10 freezes as soon as the windows logo and the loading symbol appears. So I cant get into my pc. I’ve tried reinstalling windows multiple times using a usb stick with windows download media. I have tried it on a different drive. When i reinstalled it, i got into...
  8. Windows is Freezing at Boot Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is Freezing at Boot Startup: Hi, After installing the latest windows update my PC just freezes so my only option is to do a hard reset. And then after doing that my PC will not even get pass the boot set up! It will freeze at the Logo Set Up page. I CAN'T EVEN RUN A HEALTH CHECK! WHAT THE HELL IS...
  9. Windows 10 freezing on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing on startup: This will be the second time I've had this problem the first time it wouldn't update it would freeze while updating. then I tried to start computer and it would freeze. I was able to get data off and reinstall windows. Now i'm trying to get it to boot using the usb drive with...
  10. Windows 10 freezing on startup

Windows 10 freezing on startup: Windows 10 freezing either when loading or within a few minutes of windows starting. I tried going back to a system restore point, but after doing that it froze after a few minutes. Hardware Temperatures are normal. I was going to scan with mbam but there was no time to even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot disk freezes

2. window 10 boot disk freezes