Windows 10: Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

Discus and support Windows 10 boot error code /BCD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had windows installed on an SSD but needed more storage room so installed a 3tb Mechanical hard drive. I set the boot to the SSD still as theres no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaimeCaldwell, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

I had windows installed on an SSD but needed more storage room so installed a 3tb Mechanical hard drive. I set the boot to the SSD still as theres no OS on the hard drive. I then saw the error when i try and boot.

:)

JaimeCaldwell, Oct 15, 2020

2. Error: File\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD. Error Code: 0xc0000185 on Windows 10

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Amycaek Win User
    \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034

Hi there, and thanks in advance for your help.

I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK (model name 80SM) running Windows 10.

I am receiving an error on boot 'Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
    Error code: 0xc0000034'

I hadn't made an image backup of Windows 10 on this device before this error but I have used a family members HP PC to create a USB image of windows 10. I am not sure what my next step is after making this backup to restore the file, and I'm not well versed in windows repair.

Many thanks,
    Amy

Amycaek, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 boot error code /BCD

1. Windows 10 boot error code /BCD - Similar Threads - boot error code

2. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  3. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????: So, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC. Worked Fine, Then this started happening. once every few weeks or so. Recovery screen. I reboot into UEFI, Exit And It Boots Up Fine. I Know This Is Not Malaware As This A Fresh Install With Only Chrome And Discord On It. What Is Causing This? It Just,...
  4. Windows 10 BCD Error, Then Boots Up Fine?????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  6. File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD" Error code: 0xc000000f

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD" Error code: 0xc000000f: Hello - any help would be appreciated. I am using a USB-to-SATA hard drive to try and deploy a custom image to a couple of new laptops. The first two went well, but now I am getting the following error when booting from the hard drive. File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD" Error...
  7. BCD error error code # 0xc0000011

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    BCD error error code # 0xc0000011: I have been having the following error while I boot to my Windows 10 laptop. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains error File: \Boot\BCD Error code:0xc0000011 I had tried to enter the recovery mode via Windows 10 USD bootable disk, it progress a...
  8. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000098: Today when I turned on my Surface Go it briefly announced that it needed to do a system update, then went to a blue screen announcing the above. As I don't have a keyboard I can't see what needs to be done.. Could it possibly be flat battery..?...
  9. BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10

BCD Error at the time of booting Windows 10: Dear Sir, My PC has Windows 10. When I boot, only mouse pointer appears on blank screen. I tried to use Windows 10 installation USB drive to repair but the following error appears. Pl help. [ATTACH]...
  10. \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034: Hi there, and thanks in advance for your help. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK (model name 80SM) running Windows 10. I am receiving an error on boot 'Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcd error windows 10 ssd sata several times