Windows 10: Windows 10 boot error "critical error"

Discus and support Windows 10 boot error "critical error" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 was working fine then one day it would not boot with critical. Ran power on computer test and it ran OK. This Dell Inspiron 1545 came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pine01, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Pine01 Win User

Windows 10 boot error "critical error"

Windows 10 was working fine then one day it would not boot with critical. Ran power on computer test and it ran OK. This Dell Inspiron 1545 came with Vista Home Premium, then upgraded to 7 Home Premium and then to 10. I started all over and loaded Vista Home Premium from already installed CD. This ran fine. Then loaded Windows 7 Home Premium from upgrade CD. This ran fine. Then downloaded from Microsoft Windows 10. It stop at point where product key is entered. I used product key from 7 but it would not accept it. I believe it needs 10 product key. As this computer had 10 on it previously how do I get that product key?

:)

Pine01, Nov 4, 2019

2. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Windows 10 boot error "critical error" :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Critical Error Popup

Hi QUENDALEWARD,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you received a critical error. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    Start menu.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 4, 2019
  4. reverze Win User

vista boot error

Well, earlier today i was trying to setup a dual boot along with Xp and already had vista installed... so I made a partition on one of my HD's and went to install XP on it.. the instalation went back and I got an error that the CD was bad, so I rebooted and now I get the error Error Loading Operating System.. trying to figure out how to fix this.. I tryed playing in the BIOS along with using the Vista repair option but nothing helping.. my vista is on a different hard drive then where i tried to install XP to...not sure what else to do, I need to fix my boot file somehow... suggestions?

reverze, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boot error "critical error" - Similar Threads - boot error critical

2. Critical Windows errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Windows errors.: I am getting Windows 11 critical errors including lockup and restart. The event viewer starts with this error.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}...
  3. Critical Windows errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Windows errors.: I am getting Windows 11 critical errors including lockup and restart. The event viewer starts with this error.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}...
  4. Critical error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical error: Since my last windows download a blue tile has appeared on the screen telling me that I have a critical error and that my start menu is’nt working. I am now unable to get Windows Mail, or Photos etc. Your help would be appreciated. Regards Carl Hopkins...
  5. CriticaL Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CriticaL Error: Okay so I've seen this problem a thousand times and I am tired or reading and reading!!! I personally built this Windows 7 SP2 Home Premium 64-bit computer in February 2011: Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 341 RC-341C-KKN1-GP Black Steel MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case Power...
  6. Critical errors every boot.

Critical errors every boot.: Hello, i just noticed i keep getting critical errors every boot. I don't know what this means i would appreciate it if someone would help me get rid of these errors. I will list the error below: Windows has started up: Boot Duration : 181114ms IsDegradation :...
  7. Windows 10 critical error

Windows 10 critical error: I have had the windows crtical error; start menu and cortana are not working problem since the start of january. I have previously fixed it by resetting my pc, but it always comes back after about a week or so of working normally. I have tried all the tips and tricks such as...
  8. URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot: I have encountered a strange situation. I installed Adobe creative suite and afterwards the Windows 10 start menu stopped working. I would click on the icon - see circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I tried a lot of solutions offered - PowerShell commands, creating...
  9. Windows 10 - critical error

Windows 10 - critical error: We Lenovo all in one - was working fine then all of sudden the integrated PDF reader - print page stopped working and the task bar froze the windows button - Your star menu isn't working we will try to fix next time you sign in - then it make you sign out and in explorer,...
  10. Windows 10 Critical Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Critical Error: Hello, This seems to be an common issue that even Microsoft has acknowledged. The super awesome critical error. Every time I "accidentally" (oh cause apparently I can't press it anymore) press the windows button, I get the dreaded, critical error must sign out. I...