Windows 10: Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation

Discus and support Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i saw a boot menu that said Choose an operating system [Windows 10 volume 2] [Windows 10 volume 2] and chose the first one after installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvanRaby, Apr 25, 2020.

1. EvanRaby Win User

Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation

So i saw a boot menu that said

Choose an operating system

[Windows 10 volume 2]

[Windows 10 volume 2]

and chose the first one after installing windows and its just stuck with this screen made in ms paint from my other computer

Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation 0a3a9ebb-2f39-4e1b-b5f4-170906962e06?upload=true.png

Should i choose the second option? Or is it doing something with a yelllow, flashing light on my case?

:)

EvanRaby, Apr 25, 2020

2. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation - Similar Threads - boot failing fresh

2. Windows update fails after a fresh install of windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fails after a fresh install of windows.: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2failed to install on 09/06/21I used the office usb stick I bought from you. Windows installs fine. I just get this error when doing an update. I have tried many times to reinstall. What can I do next? I tried using the windows upgrade...
  3. Fresh windows 10 install not booting

Fresh windows 10 install not booting: Hello. I have just recently upgraded the core hardware of my computer. in so doing I prepared to have a fresh install running windows 10 as opposed to windows 7 which I had been using previously. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and made a recovery partition on my storage...
  4. Windows 10 booted as if fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 booted as if fresh install: Hello guys, this is the first time I have encountered something like this. I start my PC this morning and it boots as if it was a fresh install or as if a new user was created default everything settings, wallpaper and etc. I did not perform a fresh install recently except...
  5. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  6. Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install: I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license…”. Not true. This machine had/has a digital...
  7. Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?

Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?: Just a quick disclaimer: I've used Linux all my life ever since I got my first PC. I've never owned a computer which has had Windows on it for longer than 12 hours. It's very possible that I'm missing something super obvious here and if that's the case I apologise! So...
  8. Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation

Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation: I am working on a Dell Inspiron 11-3168 laptop. I replaced the hard drive today, since the original had failed. I am using the ISO package to install Windows 10 o the new hard drive. The installation works as expected. After the USB drive is removed, which contains the ISO...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...
  10. Windows wont boot after fresh install

Windows wont boot after fresh install: PC specs: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H AMD A8 APU kingston v300 SSD 120gb WD HDD 1tb I recently built this system for a family member as a low budget media/gaming pc. This was originally setup with windows 10 on the 1tb main drive, so I know everything works. Now we decided...