Windows 10: Windows 10 boot failure after new update

Discus and support Windows 10 boot failure after new update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 on my pc, and after this update i can't boot into windows, every time it shows error, that something went wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michalcz17, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Windows 10 boot failure after new update

Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 on my pc, and after this update i can't boot into windows, every time it shows error, that something went wrong nothing specific. When i try to uninstall the update, it says that on my computer isn't admin account, same apply for command prompt. Is there any way of bypassing this and repair the computer without loosing data?

:)

michalcz17, Dec 4, 2022

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Kenshai Win User

Windows 10 boot failure after new update

Confusing Disk Boot Failure

Well, Brand new Harddrive the western digital se16 caviar 640. Had a clean install, and while installing drivers and programs after a couple restarts I am receiving disk boot failure. Not the first restart or the second. Each time that it has given me the failure was after installing updates. I've system restored to before installing the updates and it works fine. It's a large list of around 38 or so updates. Granted may be a fluke but anyone heard of this?

P5N-E SLi
    E6420
    OCZ Platinum 2 x 1 kit
    WD 640gb

Kenshai, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 boot failure after new update

1. Windows 10 boot failure after new update - Similar Threads - boot failure update

2. Windows 10 boot failure after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boot failure after new update: Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 on my pc, and after this update i can't boot into windows, every time it shows error, that something went wrong nothing specific. When i try to uninstall the update, it says that on my computer isn't admin account, same apply for command...
  3. Windows 10 boot failure after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot failure after new update: Hi, i recently updated my windows 10 on my pc, and after this update i can't boot into windows, every time it shows error, that something went wrong nothing specific. When i try to uninstall the update, it says that on my computer isn't admin account, same apply for command...
  4. Windows 10 update causing boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update causing boot failure: Windows 10 did an automatic update last night. This morning my computer won't boot. Gets as far as Lenovo splash screen, dots swirl for a minute or so, then the screen goes black. Power and battery lights still lit, but absolutely no response. Tried power drain, F2 and F8,...
  5. Windows 10’s new Corsair driver update is causing boot failures

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Corsair driver update is causing boot failures: Some Windows 10 drivers are necessary for your devices, which is why we’ve both automatic and optional driver updates. However, driver updates can also prevent your devices from working under rare circumstances. A new driver update “CorsairVBusDriver” is currently rolling...
  6. Intermittent Windows boot failure after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intermittent Windows boot failure after update 2004: Hello all, hope someone can help me!? Since Windows update 2004 I have been experiencing boot failures on startup. My bios splash screen loads then the computer finds the boot drive, Windows begin loading with the circle of dots loading and then suddenly the screen goes...
  7. Failure to boot After system update

Failure to boot After system update: I just did a system update using a system update App on my PC. After which they told me the PC[IMG] had to reboot. And now it is stuck on the boot menu page and won't continue. I have pressed the power button several times to reboot it but it still keeps coming to the boot...
  8. Windows 10 fails to boot after power failure

Windows 10 fails to boot after power failure: After a recent power failure, windows 10 failed to boot. It tried to Automatic repair but failed and show the Advance options --> troubleshoot. In that menu I tried with Startup Repair even though it fails to repair windows. please suggest me how can I solve this issue of...
  9. windows 10 failure after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 failure after update: aofter the latest update of Windows 10 my Toshiba Sattelie will not go past the wallpaper screen. No program icons. Office Depot says that Windows 10 needs to be reinstalled. Any other suggestions....
  10. Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failure to Boot after Macrium Reflect Update!: I maintain an old 2006 AMD based PC running the latest version of 64 bit Windows 10. Reflect has been working fine and was last updated in April. I installed the latest update to v7.1.3317 yesterday. A restart was requested - note no restart was needed on my laptop updated...