Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused...

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (Context) The other day, Malwarebytes was scanning and randomly, "Malwarebytes Tray Application" showed up as a program in the taskbar (like when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Win10_Isaac, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused...

(Context)
    The other day, Malwarebytes was scanning and randomly, "Malwarebytes Tray Application" showed up as a program in the taskbar (like when you open something and it has the icon with the bar under it) and i wondered what it is since it appears as an app (even in task manager) so I gained suspicious and clicked on it which lead to the taskbar freezing, so I went to restart explorer using task manager and BOOM! Everything freezes except the mouse cursor and any open programs (except task manager) but since they were minimized so I just hard reset it.
    (Issue)
    Then, my PC started booting, (logo and dots) and seemingly took longer, then the scroll froze and a blue screen appeared (0xc000021a) and it did look a little bit bigger than a normal one (unless its just me and also if that helps) and sat at 100%. Being impatient, I reset after about a minute or two (if i need to wait longer maybe?) and I used another device to look up possible fixes, here's what I tried.
    - sfc /scannow
    - chkdsk /f /r
    No errors found in each (except cannot save the scan log)
    Few days later, in recovery mode, I was going to try safe mode, (i only tried those two other methods) and it booted just fine, then I tried deleting malware bytes and it still blue screened on normal boot. Here are any antivirus programs, that remain on the PC i havent tried deleting

-Malwarebytes (deleted in settings)

-360 Total Security

-Comodo Firewall
    -Glasswire
    Objects running at time
    -Chrome
    -Malwarebytes
    -Comodo Firewall
    -Steam
    -Hidden apps
    (I may have missed some of the objects running)
    Hardware
    -GTX 1660 (drivers installed are in the boot before the crash i think)
    -Ryzen 5 2600
    -ASUS PRIME B450-M/CSM
    -2x Ballistix Tactical Tracer 3000MHz 8GB
    -ST45SF-V3 Bronze PSU
    -Ultra II 960GB
    Also, the boot session before the most recent session that crashed (or the one before it) had a GT 710 that had drivers not supportive of Win 10)
    Hopefully this info wasn't too much and helps!

Thank you!

:)

Win10_Isaac, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z (driver?) causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock (freeze)

Nope. This is a software issue, namely WIndows 10 issue. It could be drivers issue, but is not any hardware issue in any way.
    Windows 10 is work in progress, so despite it working fine on my 2 other PCs, on my main & most powerful one it often does this should I try to reset or need to do a hard reset.
    It could be an Avira Free conflict, but I am not wanting to remove Avira at this point.
    WHEN this happens, the Windows 10 spinning circle of death keeps circling/animating, so the system is not frozen, just won't continue to boot and show the desktop/startup programs.
    I think it is loading some driver and can't, or maybe loading some system process/etc.

Anyway, this is beside the point here, I just want GPU-Z driver fixed so it does not cause hard freezes like this.

Naki, Jul 2, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    GPU-Z (driver?) causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock (freeze)

Then sadly, you do not understand the relationship between software, drivers, and hardware.

When you start a system, and the hardware will not fire up, you have a hardware problem, specifically with either the motherboard or your power supply.

Let me repeat that: HARDWARE.

rtwjunkie, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused...

System freezes at the desktop even after performing clean installation of Windows 10

Hi Peter,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us with additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the current version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system freezes?
    • Does the same issue persists while booting the system in Safe mode with networking?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and drivers after performing clean installation?

To identify the issue, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Now to troubleshoot on it, after the computer boots, I suggest you to check the performance of the system in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of system freeze after reboot for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused...

1. Windows 10 Boot Failure BSOD 0xc000021a (Hard Reset performed after system freeze caused... - Similar Threads - Boot Failure BSOD

2. Performance and system failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance and system failures: Im using the ntdll.dll file from Windows 11 Dev Channel build 23521 from 2023-08-10.Apparently this file is only valid to 2023-09-15T18:00 and fails to launch VirtualBox.What can I do to remedy this?...
  3. Performance and system failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance and system failures: Im using the ntdll.dll file from Windows 11 Dev Channel build 23521 from 2023-08-10.Apparently this file is only valid to 2023-09-15T18:00 and fails to launch VirtualBox.What can I do to remedy this?...
  4. System failure to perform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failure to perform: After updating my system to windows 11, my system got too slow also it is showing the disk as 100% utilized due to which I am unable to perform the tasks. What could be the possible reasons for the same? And what is the solution to correct this problem?...
  5. System failure to perform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System failure to perform: After updating my system to windows 11, my system got too slow also it is showing the disk as 100% utilized due to which I am unable to perform the tasks. What could be the possible reasons for the same? And what is the solution to correct this problem?...
  6. Performance and system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance and system failure: I restarted my laptop and when it powered back on and went through the boot screen I just got a black screen with a loading cursor. I looked all over YouTube and nothing helped...
  7. Performance and System Failure

Performance and System Failure: I am unable to open Microsoft Edge, Microsoft shop. Neither am I able to open settings. Can Someone Help Me Please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/performance-and-system-failure/6eb4dc04-aac1-4da1-a964-7081308e67b4
  8. Performance and System Failures

Performance and System Failures: Hello Sir, i am currently working as an intern at Ridhiman Alloys one of the largest manufacturer,dealers and exporters in production of valves,Sheets and coils and I would like to bring to your notice that in month of March 2019 i have buy 3 Windows phones from one of your...
  9. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset: Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard reset. As nothing works. Everything just freezes. Past week I am continuously on support calls where they perform sfc scans,...
  10. BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.

BSOD after system reset, then stuck in boot loop, now freezes.: Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 without a problem, but after a while I thought; why not do a clean install? I went ahead and tried to perform a clean install from the windows 10 settings, and chose all drives, and a quick reset. It then started the process,...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen loop persists 0xc000021a

2. windows 7 bsod after hard reset