Windows 10: Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

Discus and support Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I turn on my computer and it boots up to the windows loading screen then it freezes. No loading dots just the logo. I press the reset button on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by UsurperAdamas, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

I turn on my computer and it boots up to the windows loading screen then it freezes. No loading dots just the logo. I press the reset button on my tower and then it boots up fine the second time no issues. Any suggestions on how to fix this? All the other topics on here seem to be people cant get into windows at all due to a freeze but I can just fine after a press of the reset button. Thanks everyone!

:)

UsurperAdamas, Sep 12, 2019
  2. VBX
    vbx Win User

computer freezes at windows logo.

My Win7 logo use to freeze right when the 3 dots start rotating. For a good 30-60 seconds. Then windows loads.

I changed my Graphic Card and it fixed the freezing logo.

3. spixel Win User
    Windows loading time

How long does it take you to get past windows loading time , it takes me around 10 seconds , i think it might be my mobo. http://www.microsoft.com/library/me...g/setup/support/68224windows-logo-loading.gif

does 10 seconds sound a bit long for my spec and could it be a bad windows install or someting :S im confused as my old pc which was an amd x2 loaded up in about 4 , every few times also i load someting up ( like starting a programme or pressing the windows start menu ) pc stops responding for a split second.

oh yea and my pc acts reallly slow under alot of load :<

spixel, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time. :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

1. Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time. - Similar Threads - boot freezes logo

2. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots: My Sony vaio runs windows 10 on intel 3120m processor with 8 gb ram and a ssd.I replaced the hdd with an ssd thinking that it will resolve the issue but it does not. Even after clean installation of windows the issue has not got resolved. I do not know if this is a hardware...
  3. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots: My Sony vaio runs windows 10 on intel 3120m processor with 8 gb ram and a ssd.I replaced the hdd with an ssd thinking that it will resolve the issue but it does not. Even after clean installation of windows the issue has not got resolved. I do not know if this is a hardware...
  4. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freeze on boot/loading, random freezes, boots 1 in 10/15 times or in safe mode

Windows 10 freeze on boot/loading, random freezes, boots 1 in 10/15 times or in safe mode: Hi, Im running a pretty old system 2600k, asrock z77 ex4 - I don't rule out a hardware failure mobo or psu but wanted to consult. The PC is booting one in 10/15 times - it freezes at loading circle dots and then shuts down. It boots in safe mode every time. I also do...
  6. Windows 10 sometimes (not always) freeze at boot logo.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sometimes (not always) freeze at boot logo.: Hello, it's been about 1 month since my windows started to freeze at the boot logo. I don't know what to do because this is not happening always and it happens just on a cold boot not a resatart. I experience that about 2-3 times per week, sometimes it happens twice a day....
  7. Windows 10 loading freeze after reset

Windows 10 loading freeze after reset: I used to have a AMD Radeon graphics card in this laptop, I tried updating drivers by going to the AMD site and I wanted the app to automatically scan and install the drivers for me as I do not know which one was it. Then, it froze the screen while halfway downloading. I did...
  8. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen: I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly). On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I...
  9. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  10. Dell XPS 13: Freezes on Dell logo on restart, but boots from cold fine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 13: Freezes on Dell logo on restart, but boots from cold fine: Morning - we just bought (our second) XPS 13 which I did a clean install of Windows 10 on (to claim back as much disk space as possible). All okay, except when selecting 'Restart' from the 'Start Button/Power', the computer freezes on the Dell logo, not even getting to the...