Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am not a huge computer tech guy here but can understand basic functions of a PC. I have a PC I bought off of someone, it's fairly new, 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattmart0518, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

Hello. I am not a huge computer tech guy here but can understand basic functions of a PC. I have a PC I bought off of someone, it's fairly new, 5 months old. Has windows 10 installed and want to put a clean install of OS in it. I do not have the windows CD but it is a legit copy. I have the p[roduct code. I've tried to enter BIOS to boot from the USB I made but cannot find a way to do so.When I press DEL to acces 'BIOS SETUP" it goes to CMOS for some reason. I then go to advanced bios settings and try to use all the USB options as a first boot options ie. USB-HDD, USB-ZIP, USB-FDD, and a few more i've tried.

The reason I have to do a USB boot is because I get a message that says there was a problem resetting the PC and then just goes back to the main screen and nothing is erased. Any ideas?

thanks

:)

mattmart0518, Mar 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 error code 0xc000014c

I cannot access the bios menue so I can boot from a window 10 DVD

all devices are connected via USB

OmarNashir, Mar 29, 2017
  3. ptillery Win User
    Reboot loop at 64%

Up grading from Windows 7 x86 to Windows 10 x86. Apparently interrupted. Now reboot loop at 64%. Cannot access USB or CD. Cannot access hard drive or command prompt. No keyboard clicks have any effect except Setup and Boot menu but will not boot from CD
    or USB. HP System Recovery F-10 does not work. Cannot access Advanced Startup Options (MS+X key). HELP!

ptillery, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

Was the computer like this the moment you bought it? Have you contacted the person who sold it to you?

How are you creating the USB install drive?

ArazelEternal, Mar 29, 2017
  5. the computer runs nice just would like to erase everything. The first time I tried to rest the pc it said that error. I bought it off kijiji you know how the sellers usually dont care after the fact.

I downloaded an ISO file and use a program called rufus to make the drive. I also try the windows media tool to see if it would make a difference but still the same issue.
    I hit F12 to the boot menu and I do not see my USB there only USB-HDD, USB FDD, USB ZIP ect..... I cant seem to access the actual BIOS only this 'CMOS'

6. basically i dont think CMOS is identifying my USB?

7. What you are seeing is likely the boot menu. The BIOS is stored on the CMOS. Your USB drive may not be formatted correctly Try using rufus to format it as GPT for UEFI and set the format to NTFS.

ArazelEternal, Mar 29, 2017
  8. spunk Win User

Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

What is the make and model# of the computer?
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Security tab, if you see Secure Boot, Disable it or change it to Setup Mode.
    If you see UEFI Bios, change it to Legacy mode. Or, as stated, leave it as UEFI and redo your USB flash drive with Rufus, Available in my signaure, under Partition Scheme for GPT/UEFI boot And burn your Windows ISO to it
    With the newly created USB Flash drive in, go over to the Boot tab, under Hard Drive group you should see the USB Flash drive. Select it and change it to First Boot Device, Save and Exit. Or you can press F12 at bootup to do a one time change of boot.
    When you restart you should see the message Press Any Key to Boot From USB

spunk, Mar 30, 2017
  9. the make is from buypower. AMD FX 4300 quad processor. It doesn't go into BIOS, only CMOS and has an advanced BIOS option to select which devices to boot from. I'll have to check on the enabling legacy mode though, I think through the intergrated peripherals option? Il try to make the USB again with the options in your write up and see if I can find the USB under the first Boot option.

mattmart0518, Mar 31, 2017
  10. What do you mean by this comment "It doesn't go into BIOS, only CMOS"? The BIOS and CMOS are essentially the same thing. The BIOS is stored in a CMOS chip. The BIOS is the software code and the CMOS is the hardware its stored in.
    Some PC's have a quick boot menu that just shows the Boot options. To get the full BIOS menu you hit a different key on boot up. On my PC's the Quick Boot menu has a Setup option that when selected takes you to the full BIOS menu's.

alphanumeric, Mar 31, 2017
  11. On my pc it says hit DEL for BIOS setup then goes toCMOS not the full BIOS menu

12. I'll say this one more time, the CMOS is hardware and the BIOS is software. The menu your seeing is likely the "BIOS" quick boot menu. The quick boot menu usually has a menu item to get you to the full setup menu. In either case there should be another key press option to take you to the full setup menu. Both menus are BIOS menus.

13. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

I get it I understand what CMOS is an BIOS is. What I am telling you is the BIOS creep does not appear once the CMOS set up utility screen and there is only ONE option that says Adavanced BIOS Features. No BIOS set ups screen in any options anywhere that I can see. At startup I have DEL bios setup which brings me to CMOS screen setup utility. ESC for boot setup which just allows me to pick harddisk or USB-HDD and other options I have stated above. USB Legacy function is enabled as well under the Intergrated Perhipherals option. I cannot see my USB stick under the boot options menu

14. Adavanced BIOS Features << Is the option that should take you to the full BIOS setup menu. If your thumb drive doesn't show up in the Boot Options menu its not setup correctly. Or there are other options you have to change to so its detected. On my old desktop PC I have to do the following to boot from my Windows 10 thumb drive.
    BIOS > Boot > Hard Disk Drive > 1st Drive > USB-Kingston Data Traveller.
    BIOS > Boot > Boot Device Priority > 1st Boot Device > USB-Kingston Data Traveller.

15. I have made a USB flash from the windows media tool and also in the write up I saw above. I have a Lexar stick and do not see USB lexar .. maybe this drive is not supported ?

Thema:

Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

1. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS - Similar Threads - Boot USB Help

2. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue. I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled. I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so...
  3. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue. I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled. I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so...
  4. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue.I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled.I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so I...
  6. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery: I'll try to be as clear as possible even though English is not my mother tongue.I installed last night windows 10 64bit to my HP Pavilion 15-b109so, which originally came with Windows 8 preinstalled.I wanted to do a fresh install of Windows and also to install Prime OS, so I...
  7. Cannot boot into Bios, cannot boot from USB, or to recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) I've already posted about the usb part Will Win 10 pc boot from usb? - Windows 10 Forums but I'd like to expand the scope. In brief, no combination of key presses at bootup will...
  9. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS: Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it. I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now,...
  10. Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access BIOS, Can't boot from USB/DVD: Hi My problem is that I can't access UEFI Firmware settings or Boot from USB/DVD in the Advanced startup. They are missing. What can I do? I want to go back to windows 8.1 (Don't have windows.old folder), but it gives me an error when I install it when windows is running....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bios access usb boot