Windows 10: Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

Discus and support Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello,Grateful if somebody can give me a hint:If I start my ASUS laptop within 30-120 seconds after a shut down, the total boot time from pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabrieland_773, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

Hello,Grateful if somebody can give me a hint:If I start my ASUS laptop within 30-120 seconds after a shut down, the total boot time from pressing the button until getting the functional screen incl. password typing is below 15 seconds, roughly in line with what I got in the past with a fresh install.But after a longer period of being shut down say more that 5 minutes, the same total boot time becomes around 30-60 seconds, with the biggest delay just before showing the lock screen. As a benchmark, another ASUS Iaptop with similar CPU and HDD always boots within around 15 seconds. I tried

:)

gabrieland_773, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

Sound increases after pause

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 anytime pause is selected the volume increases on playback.

Matt Dorsey, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

1. Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause - Similar Threads - boot gets slower

2. Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause: Hello,Grateful if somebody can give me a hint:If I start my ASUS laptop within 30-120 seconds after a shut down, the total boot time from pressing the button until getting the functional screen incl. password typing is below 15 seconds, roughly in line with what I got in the...
  3. Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot gets slower with increasing the period of pause: Hello,Grateful if somebody can give me a hint:If I start my ASUS laptop within 30-120 seconds after a shut down, the total boot time from pressing the button until getting the functional screen incl. password typing is below 15 seconds, roughly in line with what I got in the...
  4. Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot: For the last few months, Windows 10 has been taking an incrementally long time to boot to the Windows loader every time I boot from a full hybernation or shutdown that was performed several hours prior. And I do mean incrementally long. The time it takes for the Dell splash...
  5. Windows getting slower

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows getting slower: My windows is getting slower after recent windows update. I think it might be because of update: KB5000802 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-getting-slower/62659760-ccd9-47d0-b854-a1a0dc10e1f9
  6. how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to increase pause update time prior to current pause date?: I am unable to open 'pause' option in 'updates and security' setting because it is currently set on pause until Dec 15, tomorrow. Also cannot open 'advanced' option in 'updates 'settings. I am trying to delay/avoid Window's automatic installation of v.2004 as long as...
  7. Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower

Windows 10 boot suddenly a lot slower: Wondering if someone can help me out with this, ever since I've had Windows 10 on my machine (whatever version/build) the startup speed has always been really good, whether it's from a restart or using the "Fast startup" after shutdown (which is even faster) It's on an SSD...
  8. Boot time is getting slower and slower

Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...
  9. Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier

Is Windows 10 get?ting slower and lazier: When I first installed Windows 10 I really liked it....but recently, my computer seems to be running much slower and at times freezes up for 30 or 40 seconds. Boot up and shut down seem to take forever, but when I want to go to sleep....it is instant. Anybody have any...
  10. W.10 1607 Slower Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    W.10 1607 Slower Boot: Hi After the Update yesterday I notice Boot is about 3 seconds longer not that this is a problem I just thought it was worth a mention *Smile 58453