Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Hang

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Hang in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell laptop which had Windows 10 installed. After 2 weeks of use, it started hanging on startup. The 5 dots spin in a circle and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkS10517, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Boot Hang

I have a brand new Dell laptop which had Windows 10 installed. After 2 weeks of use, it started hanging on startup. The 5 dots spin in a circle and then freeze. This happens during regular startup, and it also hangs the same way while loading System Maintenance (the automatic diagnostic when W10 loads improperly for 4 times.) Other things to note:

- When I run Dell hardware diagnostics first, no errors are found, but it allows me to login, until the next reboot.
    - I created a boot log, and the last item before the hang in each instance was condrv.sys, which showed as loading successfully.
    - I have turned off all startup apps, besides Microsoft apps.
    - When I'm able to get to the troubleshooting, I can use a restore point, and the computer works fine until the next shutdown

I believe the issue began when a Windows update was applied. I have run MalwareBytes and nothing shows up. And I have already done a new, clean install of Windows 10, and the problem recurs, after the Windows update.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

MarkS10517, Sep 9, 2015
  2. zhimin Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE SAMSUNG WIFI CARD PROBLEMS

Windows 10 Hangs on me as well. I got the same RV511, simply not possible to install windows 10. I tried update from windows 8.1, it hangs on restart. I tried boot from windows 10 usb disk, it hangs on start.

I will stick with windows 8.1 then for a while until Samsung or Microsoft solve the problem without asking us to remove the wifi card.

zhimin, Sep 9, 2015
  3. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Boot Hang

Hi MarkS10517 and welcome to TenForums.

Just a few ideas here, which may or may not be of help....

Try toggling Fast Startup off - do a few "real" shutdowns/start-ups (not restarts).

Check for updates to your specific system at Dell (especially BIOS).

Based on the date of your restore point, and the Windows Updates which install after that, can you nail down the update KBs which are causing it?

Can you grab the driver versions of affected devices after these Windows Updates?

There is a method to tell Windows to stop updating drivers automatically which may help.

Try running the system file checker, just to be sure there are no corruptions.

Please fill in your system specs, so we can see what we're dealing with. (Speccy) Thanks.

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Hang

1. Windows 10 Boot Hang - Similar Threads - Boot Hang

2. Windows 10/11 hangs a fee minutes after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 hangs a fee minutes after booting: Hello all, i recently built a PC for my nephew and it worked great for a fee months. Unfortunately the past week it has not been working at all due to a consistent “hanging” issue. Here is the usual sequence.PC boots fine to the sign in screen. Put in pin and get the desktop....
  3. Windows 10/11 hangs a fee minutes after booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 hangs a fee minutes after booting: Hello all, i recently built a PC for my nephew and it worked great for a fee months. Unfortunately the past week it has not been working at all due to a consistent “hanging” issue. Here is the usual sequence.PC boots fine to the sign in screen. Put in pin and get the desktop....
  4. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  5. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  6. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

7. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  8. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  9. Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.: Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error. After some time, it runs as usual. I have run both quick and extensive check on my hard drive it is passing. I have tried resetting laptop, but it didn't work....
  10. Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.

Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.: Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error. After some time, it runs as usual. I have run both quick and extensive check on my hard drive it is passing. I have tried resetting laptop, but it didn't work....