Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Issue.......

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Issue....... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am in hopes that someone here can help me find an answer to this issue that I have been having as it is driving ME batty that I can't seem to fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdburke, Feb 16, 2017.

1. rdburke Win User

Windows 10 Boot Issue.......

I am in hopes that someone here can help me find an answer to this issue that I have been having as it is driving ME batty that I can't seem to fix it. Here goes, I have an HP Envy H8-1534 Desktop PC that when booting will not show the HP Logo on the screen nor the spinning loading indicator, the screen is just blank. This happens about 50% of the time when you restart or try to boot up cold. The rest of the time it is ok. I can tell when it is going to happen because the HDD indicator light will blink only once. If it is going to start normally the HDD light will blink intermittently like it should. When it does happen, I have to turn off the power switch on the back of the computer (on the power supply), wait a few seconds and turn the switch back on then usually it will boot properly. I have run every HW test under the sun and everything comes up normal. I use this PC for Windows Insider Builds but right now I am running the latest Release version. I have 10GB of RAM, an almost new Western Digital HDD with plenty of space, an AMD HD 7500 Graphics Card, and an AMD FX 6200 processor with 6 cores.

:)

rdburke, Feb 16, 2017

2. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Feb 16, 2017
  3. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

Below is the result of following your Step 1. So my issue of Windows 10 not reading the SD is still not resolved. How come the required driver to allow Windows 10 to read the SD in my computer was not installed during the fix?

"There is a problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."

Windows 10 SD issue, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 16, 2017
  5. rdburke Win User
    That seems to have done the trick, I have restarted 3 times since your reply and have not had any issues booting. I had tried EVERYTHING it seems but turning off Fast Boot!!! Thanks for the help and I am grateful for the fast response......funny thing is, I can't tell a difference in Boot Time with Fast Boot off!

rdburke, Feb 16, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

You usually won't notice much difference if booting from a SSD, and only a little more time with a HDD.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot Issue....... - Similar Threads - Boot Issue

2. Window is not booting up due to driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window is not booting up due to driver issue: Hello everyone. Recently i had a issue on my Asus vivobook flip. It comes with ryzen 4700u. My display is zoomed out because i thought i installed the wrong driver. I tried to change it but couldn't. So i saw a reel on Instagram about Driverpack, i installed and run it on my...
  3. Window is not booting up due to driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window is not booting up due to driver issue: Hello everyone. Recently i had a issue on my Asus vivobook flip. It comes with ryzen 4700u. My display is zoomed out because i thought i installed the wrong driver. I tried to change it but couldn't. So i saw a reel on Instagram about Driverpack, i installed and run it on my...
  4. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  5. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now: Hi there, I need help. I used recovery>advanced startup>restart now. But it boots up, says windows is loading files, then asks me keyboard input language, but disables my keyboard and mouse. I tried using a different set of mouse and keyboard, same result. The only way I...
  6. Keyboard input issue on boot following use of recovery>advanced startup>restart now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration: Hello all, as the title suggest I am having issue with booting on my PC. After rebuilding my computer I had been running into sporadic and often random error codes for about two months. After reinstalling all drivers, running memtest and finding no issues, and running DISM...
  8. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration: Hello all, as the title suggest I am having issue with booting on my PC. After rebuilding my computer I had been running into sporadic and often random error codes for about two months. After reinstalling all drivers, running memtest and finding no issues, and running DISM...
  9. Computer Having Boot Issues Due to XMP Configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi. Having issue with a clean install via bootable usb. When boot from usb it loads files...: Hi. After performing an automatic update my windows 10 crashed. I attempted to do a clean reinstall via bootable usb but it will not load OS. It boots from USB. Says loading files but then goes to the Lenovo splash screen with endless circle. I can not access windows recovery...