Windows 10: Windows 10 boot Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 boot Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10 and everything was running fine for a little while, then within the last week or so I shut down my computer and turned it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Seroneth, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Seroneth Win User

Windows 10 boot Issue

I upgraded to windows 10 and everything was running fine for a little while, then within the last week or so I shut down my computer and turned it back on...but it wouldn't boot. First it seemed not even to go to the MOBO splash screen, but then I finally got it getting past that to the Windows logo loading screen...where it just hangs. I'll turn it off and back on and it'll get to the windows logo screen but this time will say something about trying to enter windows repair...where it hangs and never proceeds. I'm a little unsure whether this is a motherboard issue or a windows 10 issue, or maybe some weird combination of both.

Side Note:
    I got the computer to boot up all the way once...When I got into windows I thought I better run the repair from within windows...I actually got into the repair a couple of times...and I finally decided to try to do a reset, however, when it went to restart the computer for the reset it got to the windows logo screen and hung up again *Sad I turned it off then back on and it got to the logo screen with the message "Undoing Changes". So i cant even reset my computer at the moment. I'm trying to find a way to avoid completely wiping the hard drive and starting a brand new install.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?

:)

Seroneth, Aug 20, 2015

2. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

Below is the result of following your Step 1. So my issue of Windows 10 not reading the SD is still not resolved. How come the required driver to allow Windows 10 to read the SD in my computer was not installed during the fix?

"There is a problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."

Windows 10 SD issue, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

Windows 10 boot Issue

Can you boot into safe mode, if you can try turning off fast boot.

5. Williams Win User
    I think a fresh Windows 10 install will solve your problem.

If not, then maybe its a hardware issue.

Williams, Aug 20, 2015
  6. Seroneth Win User
    I have not tried booting into safe mode and turning that off. I am at work currently so it'll be a while before I can check...thanks for the reply =) I'll def try that!

Seroneth, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Seroneth Win User
    I'd rather have to do a re-install than it be a hardware issue...it's a relatively new set up...March or April was when I built it.

Seroneth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 boot Issue

1. Windows 10 boot Issue - Similar Threads - boot Issue

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware