Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamCatDav, Mar 12, 2019.

1. JamCatDav Win User

Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the bios boot loader and tell it which drive to boot from. Weird is that although it is saved to that same drive in the bios, but will not boot directly. On a full power shut down I just get a blank screen, on a reboot it comes up in safe mode bios screen and lets me into the bios and boot loader, I still have to enter the boot menu and reselect the drive. I am booting from a M.2 drive. Any suggestions? It may be a hardware issue, happening in coincidence with the Win10 update. I guess I should recover the Win10 configuration and see if that works, but thought I would ask if others have seen the same.

:)

JamCatDav, Mar 12, 2019
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. MilkyWay Win User
    issues with Boot Loader

esaay bcd has a repair boot loader and other boot loader options, its saved me back when i removed my second hard drive

MilkyWay, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue - Similar Threads - Boot Loader Issue

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  4. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  6. Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps booting me into my boot loader: So earlier I was doing edits on some pictures in Lightroom, when the program began to lag, and after a while a black square popped up in the middle of my screen and my PC blue screened. I let it gather the information, and eventually it rebooted but once it rebooted it was...
  7. dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro

dual boot without boot loader - Windows 10 Pro + Windows 10 Pro: About Dual boot if having installed Windows 10 Pro - but OS suffers cannot update OS neither install nor update Applications If I wanted dual boot it 1 If insert a second SSD, and install Windows 10 Pro --- this process will create a Boot loader - and at boot choose the...
  8. Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader: Last week I was considering switching to Linux OS from Microsoft 10. I downloaded it and tried it out for about a week. Turns out I do not like Linux that much and would like to switch back. So, I deleted Linux from my machine but that created an issue. I now have Linux boot...
  9. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  10. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boot loader issue

2. windows 10 1903 boot loader change

3. ubuntu boot loader issue windows 10

4. win 10 1903 loader,
  5. win 10 15 minutes to boot