Windows 10: Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working

Discus and support Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; okay so i have had this issue for a long fing time now. like at least 10 clean installations of windows and it still keeps on happening. you can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by devworkx, Feb 9, 2016.

1. devworkx Win User

Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working

okay so i have had this issue for a long fing time now. like at least 10 clean installations of windows and it still keeps on happening. you can only imaging the amount to frustration im going through right now.
    i just did another clean install and now im trying everything to avoid this goddamn issue but scumbaeg windows just wants to f with me.
    i even tried switching to enterprise version of windows

i get this issue where the boot logo (win logo with circle) shows up twice. like once and then the screen goes blank for a sec and then i see that shitty thing again but its laggy this time....
    i think this is the problem that finally leads to the start menu disappear thingy..

pls help me. im an android developer and its really frustating !!!!

:)

devworkx, Feb 9, 2016

2. I now have to boot up my computer twice and try to sign in.

it seems that there some similar problems, some of them would have to boot twice, but theirs would stop at the windows logo. then if they shutdown restart, then it would work fine. others would get a boot up screen twice with out doing anything.

I agree with you that it must have something to do with boot up sequence. Just not sure what could be different from the first boot up.

Cajuncrawfishdave, Feb 9, 2016
  3. After updating to Windows 10, computer gets stuck on loading screen.

Shut down the computer as it loads Windows, where it shows the logo and the white dots before the loading screen where we get stuck.

After once or twice, it should force the repair menu. Navigate to start or boot options and restart the PC, and now it should let you choose safe mode

JorgeCalPer, Feb 9, 2016
  4. telepro21 Win User

Hi,
    Here are a few suggestions:

1.) If this has happened for a long time I wonder how your hardware would react to a different operating system? (Just as a test)
    2.) Windows may be slow for any of the following reasons: bad RAM, failing Hard Drive, incorrect or missing drivers for one or more components
    3.) Bad or failing Motherboard
    4.) There are a number of free tools available which boot from a USB bootable stick that can help you test your RAM, Hard Disk and, in some cases, your MB, too.

Search these forums or the WWW for some of the available tools that you can use to diagnose hardware problems.

Just some ideas that I hope can help.

telepro21, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boot logo shows up twice and then start menu stops working - Similar Threads - boot logo shows

2. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell logo has started showing twice during boot: I've recently switched legacy to uefi. Everything is working fine except for one minor thing. Before switching I would power on my laptop and the dell logo would appear with a blue loading line and then windows would boot. But since switching to uefi, I power on and the dell...
  3. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell logo has started showing twice during boot: I've recently switched legacy to uefi. Everything is working fine except for one minor thing. Before switching I would power on my laptop and the dell logo would appear with a blue loading line and then windows would boot. But since switching to uefi, I power on and the dell...
  4. Dell logo has started showing twice during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 start up windows logo not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 start up windows logo not showing: Hi,I have performed a clean Windows 10 installation recently.When I start the machine my motherboard manufacturer's logo appears and rotating dots appear for a few seconds.I've searched up internet to solve this issue and I have read that If I am on UEFI boot then I cannot...
  6. Windows 10 start up windows logo not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start up windows logo not showing: Hi,I have performed a clean Windows 10 installation recently.When I start the machine my motherboard manufacturer's logo appears and rotating dots appear for a few seconds.I've searched up internet to solve this issue and I have read that If I am on UEFI boot then I cannot...
  7. Windows 10 start up windows logo not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Start logo doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start logo doesn't show up: Hello, so, recently, I wanted to do a factory reset, and I did. After it, when i powered on my computer, the windows 10 logo it doesn't show up, and I have a black screen. What can I do? I saw a similar question but the replies didn't help me at all....
  9. Windows Start Menu tiles showing a download logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu tiles showing a download logo: [ATTACH] i dont know how to fix this problem, any answers will be appriciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/windows-start-menu-tiles-showing-a-download-logo/3624ef3c-d547-4bf5-8969-768b72712e05
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working: Some help please. Out of the blue my start up menu doesn't open and i can't even click on sear bar nothing happens. I have the latest windows 10 with fall update. I did fall update last week when it downloaded and no problems until now. Weird. Any help please. 97287