Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since August 31, after 2 blackouts in the middle of august in my city, my laptop Dell Inspiron which have a not working battery since last year,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cameron Philips, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

Since August 31, after 2 blackouts in the middle of august in my city, my laptop Dell Inspiron which have a not working battery since last year, present a hellish boot loop, I tried everything, bootrec commands (fixboot acess denied), startup repair (a patch is preventing the system from starting), dism commands (revert pending actions present a error which I could temporarily fix it with registry change but reverting could not solve the problem), sfc scannow (Resource protection could not perform...), CHKDSK (everything is ok). I am using a DVD to acess advanced options, my HDD has 1TB of personal files, I do not know what to do, I never deal with a problem with this complexity, please anyone could help to decipher this issue?

:)

Cameron Philips, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Boot loop after performing System Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the boot loop issue, let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and perform automatic repair using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

Refer to the below link to create Windows 10 ISO.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally. After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you
      create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

1. Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting. - Similar Threads - Boot Loop patch

2. Boot looping windows not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot looping windows not starting: My windows 11 laptop boot loop and not starting with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-looping-windows-not-starting/7dcbd4d1-bbce-4701-92fd-450be6be06d2
  3. Boot looping windows not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot looping windows not starting: My windows 11 laptop boot loop and not starting with windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-looping-windows-not-starting/7dcbd4d1-bbce-4701-92fd-450be6be06d2
  4. Windows 10 update 22h2 prevents my computer from booting up, stuck in loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 22h2 prevents my computer from booting up, stuck in loop: I downloaded and installed the windows 10 22h2 update and while trying to install it, my computer got an error that it could not start properly. I have now used a system restore, uninstalled updates, and tried to boot up in safe mode, but have been unable to get past this...
  5. Windows 10 update 22h2 prevents my computer from booting up, stuck in loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 22h2 prevents my computer from booting up, stuck in loop: I downloaded and installed the windows 10 22h2 update and while trying to install it, my computer got an error that it could not start properly. I have now used a system restore, uninstalled updates, and tried to boot up in safe mode, but have been unable to get past this...
  6. Windows 10 update 22h2 prevents my computer from booting up, stuck in loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. wsappx preventing windows from starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx preventing windows from starting: Problem: When wsappx is running at startup Windows 10 does not start properly. After log in, the wait icon is displayed on the screen and the start bar flickers on and off. Does anyone have any recommendations? I do use MS store, specifically for the XBox Gamepass, with...
  8. Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up: I'm trying to update my wsl to wsl 2, following the steps given here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 On step 3, after I Enable VirtualMachinePlatform feature using dism.exe and restart my system, it gets stuck at a blank screen after the spinning...
  9. News about Patch Bugs. How can I prevent computer from not booting?

News about Patch Bugs. How can I prevent computer from not booting?: Hello, in the news, I heard that the recent patches, one of which is in the updates, but has not updated yet since I paused my updates in the meantime to avoid such issues, has a bug that some users experienced where either their computer refused to boot or they had the BSOD...
  10. URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot

URGENT - Windows 10 Critical error loop preventing boot: I have encountered a strange situation. I installed Adobe creative suite and afterwards the Windows 10 start menu stopped working. I would click on the icon - see circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I tried a lot of solutions offered - PowerShell commands, creating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a patch is preventing windows from starting 0x4001

2. a patch is preventing the system from starting win 10

3. a patch is preventing system from starting