Windows 10: Windows 10 boot loop after recent update

Discus and support Windows 10 boot loop after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had Win7 on one SSD. More than a year ago I installed Win10 on another SSD and made them dual boot. With the recent update, the Win10 OS couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p_shah, Feb 14, 2020.

1. p_shah Win User

Windows 10 boot loop after recent update

I had Win7 on one SSD. More than a year ago I installed Win10 on another SSD and made them dual boot. With the recent update, the Win10 OS couldn't start, would hang on the spinning circle screen. Reboot, attempt repairs, show message saying it could not fix the problem. I tried booting from Win10 DVD and running startup repair, Running bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, /rebuildbcd commands. All I ended up doing was wasting 5 days and hosing up my Win7 machine which was working fine.

Did you have backup you say? Yes! I had 5TB over 2 HDD dedicated to backing up both Win7 and Win10. So what's the problem. Problem is that Win10 backup was made using Win7 system image tool. Cause there is no other way to create a system image in Win10. Long story but it didn't work, until I hit the right combination of which OS to select before selecting the image, what boot order to set them in, whether to use Win7 or Win10 bootloader, etc.

So my goal is to never be in this spot again and lose days over fixing these issues. I want to be able to restore either OS from backup and keep going next time it happens. With Win10 updates breaking things all the time, I am sure I won't have to wait long.

I think the best way to do this is to

1. Remove Win10 from Win7's boot options, and vice versa.
    2. Create a system image of each OS which I already do but those image have dual boot OS.
    3. Create a file backup of the non OS files which I already do.
    4. When I want to switch to a different OS, press F11 and boot from the other drive.

I am pretty sure this would work but I need a sanity check!

Thanks

:)

p_shah, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 restart loop after recent update

Hi Ninmayah,

To resolve your concern about the unending restart loop, we suggest that you follow the

steps
    provided by Eeshwar Kumar.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 boot loop after recent update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 boot loop after recent update

1. Windows 10 boot loop after recent update - Similar Threads - boot loop recent

2. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  3. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loops on boot, after updating.: I have a PC problem: my Dell Latitude 5401 lap-top now refuses to boot. It powers up for around 18 seconds and the Dell logo appears on the screen, but then it shuts down and repeats this cycle ad nauseam, without ever booting Windows 10, which just had been updated. I...
  4. Loops on boot, after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Boot loop after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after update.: So i had this problem for 4 days now and i really can't find anything on this.I can get into bios just fine but i can't get anywhere else, it would just shut off and restart the loop all over again...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Loop After Windows Update: Last night it said I needed to restart for a windows update, so I restarted. Next thing I know I'm in an endless loop.I have searched for about 3 hours for a way to fix this, tried various things, but none of them have seemed to work. I have tried the following:From advanced...
  7. Boot loop after update

Boot loop after update: My pc entered a boot loop after windows forced an update while I was AFK I've been clicking no every time it tries to update because I don't have enough room on my SSD for it to update and when I got back it just kept showing the windows logo, the swirling dots, and after...
  8. Boot loop after updating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop after updating.: I normally disable windows updates, I don't know why it updated this one. Restarted my laptop to find the windows upgrade installing. Immediately after boot up things felt buggy. Resolution changes, icon changes, tool bar at the bottom changed... I thought it was a virus...
  9. Logging in boot loop on windows 10 after recent update

Logging in boot loop on windows 10 after recent update: Hello I am having an issue where my windows gets to the welcome screen then goes black and says welcome again and it just does this repeatedly. It's been doing it since the last update.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent windows 10 update - restart loop can't boot: After a recent crash, my windows 10 does not load properly anymore and instead is stuck in an endless restart loop (system repairs etc does not work). I have also formatted one of my hard drives and did a clean install from a usb and the same thing is happening. (To clarify,...