Windows 10: Windows 10 boot loop data recovery

Discus and support Windows 10 boot loop data recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About 3 weeks ago I was using my laptop just fine. It started to launch quite slowely but I didn't think much of it. Later that evening I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jackooos, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Jackooos Win User

Windows 10 boot loop data recovery

About 3 weeks ago I was using my laptop just fine. It started to launch quite slowely but I didn't think much of it. Later that evening I tried to reboot the laptop, it froze completely at the desktop with just chrome opened. It was frozen for about 10 minutes when I turned it off by pressing and holding the power button. After trying to reboot it, it got to the "Acer" logo and the loading circle and then the screen turned black again until it showed the Acer logo again. Thus it is in a boot loop.

I want to recover my files very badly because a lot of my school work is on this laptop. So I tried a couple of things:

I made a bootable USB flashdrive after this happened. After trying some things I got into the UEFI interface where I prioritized the USB as the bootable drive. I chose the option "repair your computer" and then "troubleshoot". After that I tried the option system restore and checked all the drives I had, everytime it said that there wasn't a restore point available which I thought I did have. So that didn't work for me.

Next step I tried was entering the X:\sources>notepad and then file --> open. All my drives are visible here, but my D drive does not show any available or used GB's all the other drives do. When I try to open the D drive where my all my files are located its says "you need to format the disk in drive D: before you can use it".

After that I tried to enter the "X:\sources>xcopy D:\ F:\files /s /e /h /i /c /y" command into the command prompt which resulted in "invalid drive specification 0 files copied" using exactly this command but instead of D:\ I tried to use C:\ which did work. But C isnt the folder I try to save my data from.

The SSD is still showing in the DISKPART --> LIST DISK list. This combined with the fact that it show in the notepad folder thingy I think the SSD hasn't died. But that is just an assumption.
    And yes, I know it is always a wise idea to backup the files that are on the laptop. But I bought an external drive just to do that the week before, but didn't have the time yet...

is there any way to recover my files?
    Is formatting the drive through the notepad harmful? Or even usefull?

Is the "startup repair" an option?

Thanks in advance for anyone who might reply.

:)

Jackooos, Sep 19, 2020
  2. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Sep 19, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

windows recovery loop

Hi,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

Are you able to Windows recovery environment?

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

Do let us know if you are able to boot to desktop. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boot loop data recovery - Similar Threads - boot loop data

2. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Recovery Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Recovery Boot Loop: I am having issue loading up windows. I am stuck on a screen that says Windows Recovery and it tells me that windows could not start up properly. I’ve tried the advanced options, like the command prompt, the restore option, and I was able to go into Windows safe mode. But...
  6. Windows 10 data recovery endless loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 data recovery endless loop: Hi So i got one lenovo laptop for data recovery, device specs are: Intel celeron some omg wanna be cpu 2gb ram 32 emmc ssd The user transfered files from his samsung mobile phone to desktop ( approx 5gb of data ). The user was able to preview files and stuff so...
  7. Stuck on recovery boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  8. recovery boot configuration data error

in Windows 10 Support
    recovery boot configuration data error: Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will need to use recovery tools. How do I fix this problem? My pc doesn't have a cd drive but I have the discs. Please could someone...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Recovery Loop: My fiance and I have had our computer for about 3 years now. It's never given us any problems at all. We don't download any content that we believe might be malware and we typically stay away from infectious sites, but we turned it on today and this message appeared:...
  10. Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Recovery Boot loop: Was setting up a new laptop and managed to pick up a hijacker virus. Booted to safe mode by checking the box in msconfig to boot to safemode. While in safe mode I was unsuccessful in dealing with hijacker. I decided that being barely into setting up new laptop, I might as...