Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So, long story short is I have a laptop that has been having issues with a boot loop for over 2 years. I haven't used it since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DerekN1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. DerekN1 Win User

Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside

Hey everyone,

So, long story short is I have a laptop that has been having issues with a boot loop for over 2 years. I haven't used it since September of 2018 because I thought it was incurable. In the recent days, however, I have started to try again. If it helps, the model of my laptop is the Asus U56E, which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home in June 2015 when the free upgrade was rolling out. Anyway, to the actual issue. The process that repeats is as follows: first, the ASUS logo pops up after pressing the power button, then it goes to the windows 10 logo with a spinning dot wheel, then for probably half a second a white box frame pops up and immediately goes away, and finally it says "attempting to recover installation" then "restoring your previous version of windows." And the computer shuts down, then immediately I can hear the hard drive start to spin and the process starts over again.

After several attempts of trying to get into safe mode by shutting down the computer as soon as I saw the windows logo to interrupt the normal startup, nothing happens. I know that I'm not doing it wrong because I've tried many, many times. I've tried pressing every key on the keyboard whilst pressing CTRL, FN, or ALT, or all at the same time. So I took to the internet for my issue, watching YouTube videos of people having the same issue as me, and seeing their fixes such as F8 and Shift, none of which worked for me. But I saw multiple comments on such videos saying to get a fresh install of windows, so I watched tutorials on how to put the ISO file onto a USB to make it into a boot drive. I did so and went into the BIOS and made it the boot drive, and was cruising through the Windows 10 Installation Setup, finally gaining hope that my once to-be-thought bricked computer would work again, as I'd been stuck with a slow Windows 7 computer with an outdated Pentium chip that I used to make the boot drive.

But this hit a snag when the setup searched for drivers, because it couldn't find any drivers on the USB. I watched a video and found out that I just had to put it into a different USB port, which worked, woo! After this, however, I was faced with a dilemma. See, I cannot choose the UPGRADE option in the setup even though I have a digital license to Windows 10, which is my main worry that stops me from choosing CUSTOM. I'm not worried about my files as nothing super important was on the computer, what I'm worrie d about is losing my license and having the 'Active Windows' watermark on my desktop even though I have one, but it's bugged and I cannot start the PC.

Using the boot drive, I have found that I can get to the Troubleshoot problems menu above "Shut down PC" which takes me back to the boot loop, but I have clicked all of them, using the command prompt and commands after doing some research that did nothing, system restore I have no restore points and it gave me an error, system image recovery none available, start-up repair found no issues. None of them worked, so I just decided to shut down and I came here with my issue.

With all of that background information out of the way, my question is, is there a way to keep my license while using the CUSTOM option, as I have a valid version but if I install this new one I'm pretty sure it'll invalidate it and my valid copy will be lost forever.

- Thanks and hopefully you guys can help me solve this one. P.S. I'm no tech expert, so complicated coding things will need to be explained in detail

:)

DerekN1, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside :)

3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside

1. Windows 10 Boot Loop Issue From 2 YEARS ago, read more inside - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Issue

2. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same issue from another post 3 years ago.: Hello,I saw a post related to this issue about 3 years ago where user's Wi-Fi n Bluetooth didn't show up to it's section. I already tried all the stuff others helped to advise them seems like none of it works.So about unistalling, scanning hidden devices the ones I see with...
  3. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same issue from another post 3 years ago.: Hello,I saw a post related to this issue about 3 years ago where user's Wi-Fi n Bluetooth didn't show up to it's section. I already tried all the stuff others helped to advise them seems like none of it works.So about unistalling, scanning hidden devices the ones I see with...
  4. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  6. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  7. about 2 years ago, there was a windows update which caused my PC to boot, and then stay...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    about 2 years ago, there was a windows update which caused my PC to boot, and then stay...: https://reddit.com/link/gzdgrz/video/db64dwffjs351/player submitted by /u/bananakinforever [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzdgrz/about_2_years_ago_there_was_a_windows_update/
  8. about 2 years ago, there was a windows update which caused my PC to boot, and then stay...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    about 2 years ago, there was a windows update which caused my PC to boot, and then stay...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bananakinforever [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzddty/about_2_years_ago_there_was_a_windows_update/
  9. Windows 10 automatic repair loop issue (just installed pro 2 weeks ago

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 automatic repair loop issue (just installed pro 2 weeks ago: Hi all; I've browsed my fingers off trying to find a fix but nothing I've tried works. I found some info on this forum and before i head into more fixes i thought I would post this. My pc was sitting with a 'your pc didn't start' msg' last night. Since then I've tried...
  10. Stuttering games since more than a year ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering games since more than a year ago: This is my PC I built since August 2017: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2Cw6Mp I made post on many places like this AMD: https://community.amd.com/thread/238265 https://community.amd.com/message/2917295 Nvidia:...