Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No...

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 boot loop - stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer..." black screen while updating to newest version. Safe Mode yields same result,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan989, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Dan989 Win User

Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No...

Windows 10 boot loop - stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer..." black screen while updating to newest version. Safe Mode yields same result, SFC /scannow passes, hardware is fine as per intel staff.

Got a message yesterday, microsoft is ending support for my version of windows 10 and I have to upgrade clicked upgrade. 14 Hours later awake to find the computer stuck in a boot loop at black screen reading "Undoing changes made to your computer..." with spinning circles. It then crashes, reboots, and yields the same error ad infinitum and in perpetuity.

Tried it all to make this thing turn on. Created windows 10 recovery media on a usb drive, every option on it yielded nothing. Automatic statrup repair found no problems, system restore could not complete, SFC /scannow found no corruption. Using BCDEDIT {default} safe mode i forced it to boot into safe mode, (i guess microsoft disabled the F8 Key? Of course! Anyway, in safe mode to try to manually uninstall the update that broke the machine, but even that yields the same boot loop of undoing changes made to your computer. - BEFORE YOU GET THE WINDOWS GUI!

I am not technically illiterate. I am an RF engineer by profession and I have a degree in C++ - I see no alternative causality here BUT this update. I have also noted microsoft wanting me to pay for help to fix it, closing down threads devoid comment on the same issue, and this theme being echoed through the experiences of other users. Pretty disturbing thing to see, and it smells like racketeering between refusal to address it here, pay per incident tech support pitches, and the new surfaces coming out - Maybe the refusal to address this its an attempt to boost holiday sales?

The operating system would seem to be inoperable. If anyone Has a work around for this update microsoft intended to break everyones computer three weeks before christmas, please post it here or forward your experience to your state attorney general. Short of someone smarter than I witha solution, Im taking this garbage back to the store and getting my $600 back to go towards a new MAC to watch television on. For Productivity Ill keep my windows 7 desktop HiHi - I cant recall a single time it failed to turn on.

:)

Dan989, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Upgrade from 1809 to 1903 seems to be in a loop

No, the DVD is fine. What you missed is that adding Macrium as a boot menu option is a separate independent option that you can add in addition to creating the bootable DVD or USB. Click on Windows Boot Menu in the list of devices and you will see at the bottom the options to add Macrium to the boot menu.

Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No... [​IMG]

Yes, it is a perfectly good way to upgrade from one version of W10 to the next and the one I've been using for every version from 1511 to 1903. Microsoft's advice is read by those who may have little knowledge of computers, so they have to be careful to avoid suggesting anything too technical. Allowing the Update Assistant to do all the work for you is 'safe' advice under those circumstances.

3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot Loop - Version 1809 Upgrade Bricks PC - Microsoft Closes Threads With No... - Similar Threads - Boot Loop Version

2. Windows 10 reset bricked my PC - now stuck in infinite boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset bricked my PC - now stuck in infinite boot loop: As the title suggests, my PC is now stuck in an infinite boot loop. It won't even get as far as the windows screen on boot, only as far as the devices logo splash screen, then it crashes to bsod. I can get to the bios, but nothing i've changed in any of the settings corrects...
  3. System Thread Exception Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Thread Exception Boot Loop: After leaving my PC on and locked for about 20 minutes, I return to the dreaded BSOD with the System Thread Exception Not Handled error. My immediate process was to just reset, then check everything in my machine is seated properly (which it is), then try auto recovery - all...
  4. Upgrade to 1809 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 1809 version: Hello,Recently downloaded the Win 10 1809 iso file. It is 10.0.17763 Build 379.Checked in MS update catalog for updates. As I understand from the build version I have, all updates prior to 11-Mar-2019 ((KB4489899 included) are included in this build and need not to be...
  5. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from version 1803 to version 1809: Hello, My OS is Windows Pro. I was having problems with Windows not installing updates with version 1803. I saw a video that instructed me to upgrade Windows to maybe solve the issue. I went to: Microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10. My system upgraded to Windows...
  6. Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop: Hi all, After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot. Here's what I tried - Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft

Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft: i have for the past 5 days experienced black screen of death due apparently to being part of the Windows Insider uograde issue. I did what was apparently sensible. Booting to safe mode worked. System repair did not. Restoring a system restore point from 29/9 has my system in...
  8. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  9. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade has bricked my pc

Windows 10 upgrade has bricked my pc: PC running W10 was running fine, closed down ok overnight, next morning only a black screen with unblinking underscore cursor top left. Tried repair to startup with ISO file but fails; running new install with ISO file fails due to 'missing media file / no drivers found....