Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This error occured in past as well. The solution was also give Here. But today it happened again after I reinstalled windows and now the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ujjawal Sharma, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

This error occured in past as well. The solution was also give Here. But today it happened again after I reinstalled windows and now the previous solution is not working. So I am posting this again. I am also attaching a picture of the error screen. After I received this error today, I reinstalled windows with the same error .Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098 [​IMG]

:)

Ujjawal Sharma, Dec 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

So I am getting this error code ( 0xo0000098 ) when I try to boot into Windows 10. It says " The windows boot configuration data does not contain a valid os entry" . I tried the following things

1. Hard reset ( Unsuccessful because my PC does not have a reset button and there is not enough time between POST screen and error screen. Also, I don't see a Windows logo )

2. Installation media > Repair your Computer >Troubleshoot > Startup Repair ( Before doing step 3 and after step 3 multiple time before and after. Also in advance options, there is an option that says Continue to Windows 10 Enterprise but, when I click on
    it, it lands me on the same error screen )

3. Installation media > Repair your Computer > Troubleshoot > Command Prompt ( bootrec /fixboot gives error "Access is denied". Tried DISKPART and other cmd stuff with no success )

4. Got ISO image of build 1703. Flashed to an 8 GB pendrive. Will not boot. Flashed again. still same error ( same screen with the same error code 0xo0000098 )

I know I can perform a custom Windows install but, its my last option.

How did this happen ?

I was modifying BCD entries with EasyBCD. ( I was dumb enough to not take a backup )

No, I did not updated Windows or any software.

Any help is appriciated.

Ujjawal Sharma, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Boot Manager error 0xc000000f

Hi,

The error code you're getting might be due to corruption of some boot files which help the Windows operating system to boot or load on the computer. We suggest performing a Startup repair on your computer. It will help to repair the master boot record to
    get things up and running again.Kindly check the steps below:

• To access the recovery environment, turn your computer on and off three times. While booting, make sure you turn off the computer when you see the Windows logo.
    • Once you're in the recovery screen, click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, then Advanced options.
    • Lastly, select Startup Repair.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 28, 2020
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

1. Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098 - Similar Threads - Boot Manager Error

2. Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b: "Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b"need help with this error because i dont have a usb or installation disk and ive tried finding alot of ways to fix it but it dont work...
  3. Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b: "Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b"need help with this error because i dont have a usb or installation disk and ive tried finding alot of ways to fix it but it dont work...
  4. Windows 10 boot manager error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 boot error code 0x00000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot error code 0x00000e: Good day, The night before, I had attempted to do a Ubuntu dual boot but due to my lack of knowledge I accidentally made both Ubuntu and windows unbootable, does anybody have a solution to this issue? Missing file: winload.efi I have tried the clean install option on windows...
  6. Error code 10 in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code 10 in device manager.: Hi so recently, I 've been seeing this error in a driver called "intel smart sound technology for usb audio." Because of it my audio is completely gone and when I tried updating the driver through device manager, it blankly gives this code called error code 10 and says that...
  7. Window boot manager error!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window boot manager error!: I tried to upgrade pre installed 32bit Windows to 64bit Windows 10? But i was encountered with an error..."system doesn't has any usb boot option ". Again I tried to daul boot 64bit windows 10 with EasyBCD software, my pc displayed an error message like this "Your PC...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Error Code 0xo0000098: So I am getting this error code 0xo0000098 when I try to boot into Windows 10. It says " The windows boot configuration data does not contain a valid os entry" . I tried the following things 1. Hard reset Unsuccessful because my PC does not have a reset button and there is...
  9. DEVICE MANAGER ERROR CODE 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE MANAGER ERROR CODE 10: Iam trying to install mediatek driver USB VCOM but always done with an error "this device cannot start error code 10". i tried to update driver from mediatek download page and install the updated driver version 1.0.8 still i experienced the same error. when i tried to look at...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.: Hi I am having issues booting up Windows 10, I have tried doing a factory reset while keeping my files unfortunately I am unable to do that. I have also followed some advice from research and I have had no luck. Any help would be great, I just need to get my files off. 88203