Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, I have a pc with Windows 10. Recently I noticed that I was not able to see the boot manager during boot, so the screen has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shunfan2, Oct 25, 2020.

1. shunfan2 Win User

Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a pc with Windows 10. Recently I noticed that I was not able to see the boot manager during boot, so the screen has no signal until I see the Windows login screen.

I tried to search online and followed the options to set "displaybootmenu" to yes and "timeout" to 10. But still not managed to get the boot manager to display.

So I decided to reset my pc, and again, the pc just stuck at black screen or no input signal when I reset my pc. I tried to boot into "Safe Mode", however, it is still not showing the boot manager and just boot into normal windows.

I have been stuck in this for the whole day, may I get some advices from people with similar problems?

Thanks,

:)

shunfan2, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot

Problem with Master Boot Record / Windows Boot Manager

Hi Ver0s,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Kindly try to change system properties to enable or disable Windows Boot Manager. Here are the steps for you.if this will not work go to CMD

Step 1: Open the Run dialog window by pressing Win plus R keys.

Step 2: Type sysdm.cpl and click OK to continue.

Step 3: When the System Properties window pops up, choose the Advanced option. Then click on the Settings under the Startup and Recovery option.

Step 4: In the pop-up window, select the Time to display list of operating systems box and set the time value. After that, click OK to save the changes.

Step 5: If you want to disable BOOTMGR, cancel Time to display list of operating systems box or set the time value as 0 and click OK to finish the operation.

2nd Options

Try to enable/disable Windows boot manager. Used CMD

Step 1: Type cmd in the search box, and then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the Prompt and hit the Enter key after typing each one command.

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 30

Tip: The timeout decides the time of the boot manager displayed. You are able to specify the timeout value in seconds based on your requirement.

Step 3: If you want to disable Windows Boot Manager, you need to type bcdedit / set {bootmgr} timeout 0 and hit Enter.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot

1. Windows 10 Boot Manager not Displaying During Boot - Similar Threads - Boot Manager Displaying

2. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Manager: Hi everyone, Over the past year, I’ve had issues where my computer starts up and I get a blue screen telling me the boot options are wrong I forget the exact wording. I use the Escape button to open the BIOS settings, where I change the boot for my first device to EUFI...
  3. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager: Please help me fix Windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-manager/7c342cd3-0a72-477d-86a5-b51058d5cec3
  4. Windows boot manager boot failure

Windows boot manager boot failure: Upon every start I am getting the message that the windows boot failed, and put a recovery disk. Pressing f8 or any other key doesn't do anything while I attempt to restart the machine. Somebody please advise. Thanks....
  5. windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows boot manager: I have an asus x99-a motherboard. when I enter the bios boot menu there is a line Hard Drive BBS Priorities. I have two bootable dries, P3 and P7. They used to come up in the list showing they were using the widows boot manager. Recently windows boot manager has disappeared...
  6. Windows boot manager boot failed

Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  7. Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10

Getting Windows Boot Manager boot failed on Windows 10: I have an older Lenovo Yoga 2 11 with windows 10. I have been on the Windows Insider update program for some time. Several months ago, after an insider update, and i'm not sure which number update it is, I got a "Windows Boot Manager boot failed" message when I turned the...
  8. Windows 10 stops during boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stops during boot: My Windows 10 was apparently updated last evening. Now when it boots, it reaches the screen with my backscreen and the time and date displayed. When I click on the page it used to bring up the login screen. Now it goes dim for a few seconds then comes back to the time and...
  9. "Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??

"Windows 10 Boot Disc blocked by boot manager??: Oh. my. God. I'm trying to get past this freaking "Windows Boot Manager" under windows10 for 4 hours now and I'm slowly getting freaking mental. This is killing me. It's 4 AM and I tried everything possible to mankind to circumvent this boot manager thing. My Win 10 CD is...
  10. Display Dims During Boot Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Dims During Boot Process: I have two questions that are somewhat related: 1. I have my monitor set at 144hz. That resolution shows my display dimmer than other resolutions. Is that normal? 2. During the boot process my screen and once the desktop is loaded, some program or process is causing the...