Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I recently dual booted with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided that I don't want Ubuntu at all anymore. I booted up my computer, was taken to the grub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cameron121901, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

So I recently dual booted with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided that I don't want Ubuntu at all anymore. I booted up my computer, was taken to the grub menu like usual, and I booted up using the Windows 10 Boot Manager. After that, I signed in, searched up disk management, and deleted the Ubuntu Partition (365 GB(ish), along with another partition, that had the same storage as the amount of RAM I have (8 GB). I then expanded the volume of my main disk with all of the unallocated space I had just created. After that, I thought it was a good idea to reboot my computer. After doing so, I booted up into the grub menu, where you type commands (not choose and click enter). I didn't know what to do, so I searched it up, and found that I still have access to Windows, by typing "exit" and clicking enter. I looked in my BIOS, and I no longer see Windows 10 Boot Manager. All I see is one that says something about ubuntu, which is the one that I'm assuming that I have been booting into. How do I get the Windows 10 Boot Manager back so I don't have to press enter "exit" in every time? And how do I get rid of the grub command menu thingy? I keep seeing solutions involving using a bootable DVD or USB, but I don't have one, I have burnable DVDs and USB flashdrives, I tried using the program Microsoft supplied me to make a burn device, but I only get the option to use Windows 10, not the OS that I have, which is Windows 10 Home Edition. HELP!

:)

cameron121901, Dec 25, 2017
  2. alan93 Win User

Hard Drive Shows Up In BIOS but NOT in Windows 10 Explorer.

Windows 10 has been so flaky, I never had these types of problems with Windows 7.

My 2nd disk hard drive used to show up as disk 1 in the Disk Management and I even backed some files up to it.

Now , it shows up in the BIOS when I boot but it will not show up in the Explorer or Disk Management program once windows 10 starts.

What is going on????

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Original subject: Hard Drive Shows Up In BIOS but NOT in Windows 10 Exlporer.

alan93, Dec 25, 2017
  3. RasDude Win User
    Missing 2nd SATA disk after Windows 10 upgrade.

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The boot disk is an SSD and I have a 2nd SATA disk. The problem is that the 2nd drive is not showing up in Windows. Not in explorer, not in device manager and not in the disk management console. It does show up in BIOS though.
    Disk size is 1TB

RasDude, Dec 25, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

Hello, cameron121901. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Is this a UEFI BIOS?

Tony K, Dec 25, 2017
  5. I have the ability to choose UEFI or I can use an option titled Legacy and UEFI.

cameron121901, Dec 26, 2017
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Correct me if I`m wrong, but there is no Windows 10 Boot manager in a Bios.

Did you google how to remove the Grub Menu ? Lots of hits came up.

how to get rid of Grub menu - Google Search

Don`t go making any changes in the Bios yet, you just need to get rid of any Linux traces.

AddRAM, Dec 26, 2017
  7. My grub menu doesn’t allow me to select anything. It only allows me to type in commands. And before I deleted the partition, I had the ability to choose something that said Windows Boot Manager, or something similar to that. Now, I don't have it at all.

8. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

The easiest way to neutralised Grub is in the Bios, under boot order, disable Ubuntu in the UEFI boot sources.

Windows boot loader will be alone and machine will boot normally after. This method works after removing Ubuntu related partitions.

MikeMecanic, Dec 26, 2017
  9. Okay I'll try that. Let's see...

10. So I tried doing what you said, and it just kept taking me straight to the bios when booting up. Didn’t work.

11. I think that might be what I’m missing. Windows Boot Loader.

12. Boot in Windows then and go there:

Settings/Update & Security/ Recovery/Advanced startup/Restart now/Type exit if you enter Grub/Troubleshoot/Advanced options/Startup Repair.

Windows will be diagnosing your PC.

Hope this one works.

MikeMecanic, Dec 26, 2017
  13. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Dec 26, 2017
  14. So I tried this, and this is what it says.
    “Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PC”
    “Press ‘Advanced options’ to try other options to repair your PC or ‘Shut down’ to turn off your PC.”
    “Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt”
    And it gives me two buttons to press: Shut down or Advanced options.

15. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS - Similar Threads - Boot Manager Showing

2. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  3. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios: Hey, I have the b550 aorus elite and Im attempting to install windows onto an m.2 ssd. when installing windows, it recognises the m.2 however after installing, it is not recognised in boot sequence. also, In boot sequence, the Windows boot manager is not showing up at all. I...
  4. m.2 and windows boot manager not showing up in bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD not showing up in Disk Management or BIOS in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    SSD not showing up in Disk Management or BIOS in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The Solid-State Drive (SSD) is a great upgrade over the hard disc drive (HDD). It is comparatively faster and is one of the best ways to increase a system’s performance. However, some users have reported that Windows 11 or Windows 10 is not recognizing the SSD. By...
  6. there is no boot manager in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    there is no boot manager in BIOS: My laptop has dual boot system- windows 10 and ubuntu. After a update in ubuntu, pc is not booting, showing an error to install an operating system. In the BIOS, I found no boot manager boot device to select.I tried startup repair from a bootable USB drive, but it can not...
  7. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  8. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi: im guessing since i have windows installed on my sdd i should have windows boot manager show up in my uefi/bios boot options right? it doesnt. i have windows installed on another sdd too and when i put that sdd into my pc and open bios, i have windows boot manager for it, so...
  9. Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS: Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS And Still Boots. Is It Fine? Is It Something To Be Worried About? Should I Backup All Data Now? submitted by /u/PalPalash [link] [comments]...
  10. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boot manager not showing in bios

2. boot manager not showing in bios

3. windows boot manager not showing up

4. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS,
  5. Windows Boot Manager missing from fujitsu bios,
  6. windows 10 not showing up on uefi,
  7. no windows boot manager in bios,
  8. windows 10 not showing bios,
  9. bios not showing up,
  10. no Windows 10 Boot manager in a Bios,
  11. windows boot manager didnt show up in bios,