Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time)

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Friends, I am facing Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem in my Laptop. I have to manually enter F9 every time I power-on my system to load Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bharath394, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time)

Hello Friends,

I am facing Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem in my Laptop. I have to manually enter F9 every time I power-on my system to load Windows 10 OS. Otherwise, it shows a different screen with PXE error. I am sharing the below screenshots which explains the problem clearly.

1. When I switch-on my system it shows this screen
    https://ibb.co/df1Duf

2. In the above window I have to press F9 which opens up Boot Options Menu
    https://ibb.co/gfezZf

3. Then, I have to follow this sequence of steps by using ENTER Command
    https://ibb.co/dzEzZf
    https://ibb.co/i9Vj0L
    https://ibb.co/jrENn0
    https://ibb.co/m9MP0L

This finally loads Operating System in my Laptop. These are the steps I have to do every time when I power-on my system

If I don't press F9 at Step 2 to open Boot Options Menu, it will open the below screen with PXE Error
    https://ibb.co/knsKZf

This really annoys me as I have to do above steps again and again to load Operating system in my Laptop. This will be a great help if someone guide me in resolving this issue!

Laptop Specifications
    Model - HP Envy 15 Notebook PC
    Microprocessor - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7-4700MQ
    Memory - 16 GB
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
    OS - Windows 10 x64

This Laptop Model came with 1 TB Hard drive and Windows 8 OS, but I manually added Samsung SSD 850 EVO mSATA 250 GB drive to install Windows OS in it. Actually it worked well for few years, but when I upgraded my system from Windows 8 to Windows 10 this problem arised.

:)

bharath394, Nov 20, 2018

2. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 20, 2018
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    Windows 10 boot problems

I assume you overclock right? It could be due to Windows 10 using adaptive voltage scaling to save power. Use all manual voltage setting, disable fast startup and hybrid sleep. That should fix most of your problem.

My PC was locked on booting loop after I installed Win10, it took me some time to trouble shoot it out.

xkm1948, Nov 20, 2018
  4. AnnJuly Win User

Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time)

Black screen on Graphical Boot Menu [Dual Boot]

I have somewhat non-standard installation:

• SSD1: Windows 10 (1)
    • SSD2: Windows 10 (2)
    It was working fine for almost a year. User could select OS via Metro Boot Menu.

Recently one of Windows (1) got Creator Update.

Today graphic boot menu only shows black screen. I can still select what windows to boot using arrows and hitting enter (blindly), so it's kinda working. However it's super inconvenient and I would like to get graphic boot menu back.

I have 2 monitors if it's matter. Fast boot is turned off. EascyBCD shows no errors in bootmanager, metro menu is active. Both OS works fine when loaded.

Any suggestions what could cause this and how can I fix it? Is'it boot menu/windows problem or monitor/graphic drivers maybe?

AnnJuly, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time)

1. Windows 10 Boot Menu Problem (Have to load OS manually every time) - Similar Threads - Boot Menu Problem

2. Windows 11 not loading every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not loading every time: It was a helpful experience. I still have an issue with my computer because Windows 11 is not always loading error message and I have to force it to close and try again to start it. How do I fix this?...
  3. I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.: Hi Community,My time and date gets incorrect every time I boot up my system, and I'll have to manually update it using "sync now" button. I have turned on "set time zone automatically" option and also the "set time automatically" option. Is there any workaround for this...
  4. I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.: Hi Community,My time and date gets incorrect every time I boot up my system, and I'll have to manually update it using "sync now" button. I have turned on "set time zone automatically" option and also the "set time automatically" option. Is there any workaround for this...
  5. I have to manually sync time and date every time my I boot up my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot: For the last few months, Windows 10 has been taking an incrementally long time to boot to the Windows loader every time I boot from a full hybernation or shutdown that was performed several hours prior. And I do mean incrementally long. The time it takes for the Dell splash...
  7. Every time I boot up I have to manually connect to WIFI Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every time I boot up I have to manually connect to WIFI Windows 10: Recently windows 10 will not connect to my WIFI unless I manually do it. Even then it may not connect properly. And sometimes after that the connection drops a few minutes after. I have tried uninstalling my devices and reinstalling them, I have unchecked the box next to...
  8. How do i boot to a specific OS every time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i boot to a specific OS every time?: After installing my SSD, i was faced with a screen along the lines of 'choose an operating system' with 'Windows 10', 'Windows 10 volume 5'(my HDD) and 'Windows 10 volume 2'(my SSD). I want to boot onto my SSD every time but i don't know how. Can anyone help me? Thanks....
  9. At my wits end! Have to manually select Window Manager to boot to Windows...EVERY Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At my wits end! Have to manually select Window Manager to boot to Windows...EVERY Time: [ATTACH] Hello Reddit, I posted this question on other sub but no luck yet. I just build my first PC couple of days ago, everything went well until I have to install Windows 10, it was for some reason, a struggle but I managed to installed it on my PC via USB. The problem...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD (during OS loading screen)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD (during OS loading screen): Hi! This is my first post here so greetings *Smile Recently my win 10 started booting very slow. I purchased an SSD (EVO 850) a month ago and was amazed how fast it boots, approx. 11s from cold boot to login screen. Since I mine crypto I don't shut down my PC much, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manual boot every time windows 10