Windows 10: Windows 10 boot menu

Discus and support Windows 10 boot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After reversing a dual boot with Linux I would like to discover how to bring the boot back to just booting into windows w/o a menu to choose from.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ebmm, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Ebmm Win User

Windows 10 boot menu

After reversing a dual boot with Linux I would like to discover how to bring the boot back to just booting into windows w/o a menu to choose from. Linux is completely removed including the boot entry in the EFI partition and is not in my BIOS anywhere. When I now boot I have the option of Win 10 or EFI IPv4. It's really no big deal but I would like to find out how to put it back to the way it was prior to the dual boot; with it just booting straight to Windows. If I want a menu, I'll get it the conventional way.

Any suggestions would be great! Thx

:)

2. Willy9000 Win User

Dual boot - Win 7 & Win 10

Thanks André. EasyBCD indeed lets me choose the OS to boot. But I does not return booting to the Windows 10 Boot menu screen and remains on the Windows 7 Boot menu screen.

And so, I am still think that somehow I will have to reinstall or "repair" Windows 10 in order for the Windows 10 Boot menu screen to appear.

Willy9000, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Emorgan33 Win User
    How do I remove Windows 10 Boot Menu?

I have Windows 7 on a different hard drive than Windows 10. I want to boot directly into Windows 10 without the boot menu. How would I remove the boot menu completely?

I can just switch my boot order in my bios if I want to boot Windows 7.

Thanks for your help.

Emorgan33, Nov 28, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 boot menu

Will this help ?

Right click at Start > Command prompt (Admin) > type ........
    bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    >Enter

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Ebmm Win User
    No it didn't. The EFI Network boot IPv4 option (along w/ Win 10) is just there. It doesn't cause any issues; it just annoys me that it's there and I don't have the answer. Network boot is disabled in the BIOS btw.

6. JohnC Win User
    From the keyboard, type *Start + R "msconfig" without the quotes click OK. click on the boot tab.

Windows 10 boot menu [​IMG]

Highlight the ipv4 and click delete and ok. See if that works.

JohnC, Nov 28, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
  8. Ebmm Win User

Windows 10 boot menu

John C, I never had EFI Network in that screen. I've been there but with no success.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    It almost sounds like a BIOS boot option. Have you disabled network booting in BIOS?

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2015
  10. Should be able to delete it with bcdedit from an elevated command prompt.

cyberrufus, Nov 29, 2015
  11. Ebmm Win User
    I can but don't think I'd want to; might need someday? It's been in the BIOS since day one, just not in the boot selection.

12. Did you set your timeout to zero in msconfig?

cyberrufus, Nov 29, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 boot menu

you can delete the BCD entry for network boot
    and you can set timeout to zero (thus bypassing the boot menu screen)

Thema:

Windows 10 boot menu

1. Windows 10 boot menu - Similar Threads - boot menu

2. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...
  3. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete wrong driver from boot menu: I accidentally installed wrong drivers for my keyboard and it told me I have to restart my pc and since then it hasn't been able to come on it keeps on showing me autorepair and after a few moments it shows me advanced options containing things like change startup behaviour,...
  4. How to delete wrong driver from boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  6. Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair

Windows 11 Boot Menu stuck with Best Buy Boot MRI PE /windows from in store repair: I recently took my computer to Best Buy for possible repair since I bought the PC from them.I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and did every test myself from the UEFI Bios to Hewitt Packard diagnostics.I have a code 41 & code 125 event codes in Event Viewer, perhaps an...
  7. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  8. Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11

Ssd hidden in boot menu after first restart with fresh win11: hello everyone, i need some help with my msi pe60 laptop running win11 . i bought a Nvme ssd 970 evo , installed it everything work good but when i restarted my laptop it directly go in bios menu again and again. nd i try to change boot sequence i can't see my ssd in booth...
  9. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...
  10. Can't find boot priority order in bios menu

Can't find boot priority order in bios menu: I got an SSDc installed in my laptop which is the main drive now with the os. I wanted to switch back to a different drived as main boot priority. I even migrated os from C to D successfully but, in the bios menu all I see is:Boot mode UEFIFast bootPXE Boot to lanIPV4 PXE...