Windows 10: Windows 10 boot problem after update

Discus and support Windows 10 boot problem after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My latest Windows 10 update (11 September) appeared to complete successfully. Settings/System/About currently shows: Edition: Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nomadic Nomad, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 boot problem after update

My latest Windows 10 update (11 September) appeared to complete successfully. Settings/System/About currently shows:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1903

Installed on: 11/09/2019

OS build: 18362.329

However when I now turn the computer on it starts to boot up but soon stalls with a blue four-square logo on screen. The hard disk LED is not showing any activity and there appears to be no activity. The PC does not respond to any mouse or keyboard input, nor Ctrl+Alt+Delete. My only option therefore is to force a shutdown and restart.

After doing this the PC proceeds as before except that there is a rotating sequence of dots under the blue four-square logo. After a few seconds the PC boot sequence proceeds correctly as it used to and I am able to use it as normal.

The next time I turn the PC on the whole process repeats as above.

If I leave the PC until it goes into sleep mode it locks up and will not respond, except to a forced shutdown.

How can I resolve this?

:)

Nomadic Nomad, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 boot problem after update

Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 boot problem after update

1. Windows 10 boot problem after update - Similar Threads - boot problem update

2. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  3. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  4. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update: about 4 days ago i received the windows 10 v2004 may update on my gaming PC in windows update i didnt force the update in anyway , it just came up in windows update & since microsoft is blocking the update for unsupported systems or the systems that might have problems with...
  6. Windows 10 after boot problem

Windows 10 after boot problem: I was rebooting my pc, the installation end, than pop's the window that tells me there are problem with the installation, turn on wi fi than click continue, if you dont have wi fi put your ethernet cable to install updates. I cant have wi fi, so i put on the cable, click...
  7. problem after booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem after booting windows 10: "keep the USB drive plugged in. Only remove it after your PC has shut down completely. Otherwise, your Windows To Go Workplace might crash and you could lose data." this the message that I had after booting my windows 10 very hard because my pc freezes at first then I...
  8. Windows 10 Will Not Boot After Update

Windows 10 Will Not Boot After Update: I have a 2 week old HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, and it entered a series of Windows updates. During an update it froze for hours. I powered it off, and Windows would no longer boot. I have tried everything from, creating a bootable media drive, the recovery drive, and nothing...
  9. Windows 10 will not boot after update

Windows 10 will not boot after update: Every time my Windows 10 is upgraded to the latest version of Windows, after a restart, it is unable to boot up. To fix this I would reformat the drive and re-install from a bootable pen drive. However, a few minutes after Windows has been re-installed it will work fine...
  10. Windows 10 booting problem after downloading and installing updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting problem after downloading and installing updates: I've got my HP Pavilion laptop recently fixed and the guy that fixed it installed Windows 10. Today I checked for available updates from Windows' "Update and Recovery" (that option in settings) and found a lot of updates to download, so I did it; downloaded all and installed...