Windows 10: Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout

Discus and support Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 within the last week, everything was fine at first. Then this morning Everything on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vitricus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Vitricus Win User

Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 within the last week, everything was fine at first. Then this morning Everything on screen froze, and when I did a force restart, the following happened (and continues to happen ad nauseam):

Windows tries to boot as normal, but I get the BSOD saying Unmountable_Boot_Volume

It then restarts, saying it's going to repair the problem, only this time it flashes to a blue screen that says Chose Your Keyboard Layout. At this point I am unable to use either my mouse or keyboard. I've tried wireless, wired, all USB ports. Nothing. As I said, this goes on ad nauseam.

I don't have Windows 7 disc (came pre-loaded from the factory), and I don't have a Windows 10 disc or flash drive. The only other computer I have to help with this is an old laptop running XP. I downloaded the Media Creation Tool, but when I try and run it on my XP laptop it says it's not a valid win32 application, so making a flash drive boot seems out of the question.

I can't help but feel that I could solve the problem and roll back to Windows 7 if I could just boot in safe mode, but F8 doesn't work and I can't actually get anywhere else where I could set that up. So I could really use some help as far as what my options are at this point.

Thank you.

:)

Vitricus, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows update Jan 1st/18

My dell computer keeps booting to a choose your keyboard layout language page, then after choosing US, it goes to choose an option, which is Continue/exit to Windows Rollback, or Use another operating system (windows 10 on volume 1. No matter which one
    I choose it always reboots to choose your keyboard layout. I can't get to Windows to do anything else!

JamieBoozer, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Choose Your Keyboard Layout Problem Windows 10

Hey so I'm already on Windows ten and this screen comes up every time I boot up now. Every time. With no change whatsoever to keyboard setup from last 18 months.

DesiMatlock, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout

I really need some help with this as well!

Joshua Thomas, Jan 7, 2016
  5. Berk Win User
    I've had assorted issues while trying to figure how to multi-boot a new system and I have experienced a fresh Windows-7 install loading as far as the login screen before the USB/mouse and keyboard become inactive.

If you're using a desktop PC, try shutting down, physically switch off the PSU and unplug the cable for >1min to allow any residual electricity to dissipate. Then restart and see if works. N.B dual/multi boot users need to bypass any resets that may be caused by the Metro bootloader (so use the legacy bootloader and set whichever copy of Windows is giving you problems to be the default boot option.)

I've found that once I've installed the Intel chipset drivers and the Intel Management Engine the USB power issues tend to stop happening.

Berk, Jan 7, 2016
  6. Berk Win User
    I just had another thought on this particular problem: try Rufus

When I tried Windows 10 to begin with I actually made my bootable installer using a guide I found on one of the Windows 7 or 8 forums. EDIT: guide on EightForums here

Berk, Jan 7, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
    Hey Vitricus-

I just wanted to second what Berk said about using RUFUS. I just learned about it myself a few weeks ago, and have been building various Linux and Windows boot flashes. I think if you download a Win-10 ISO and get it onto your flash, via RUFUS, you should be fine with a reinstall.

Also, I don't think F8 is the way into SafeMode with Win-10. Have a look HERE for other options to boot into SafeMode.

b1rd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout

1. Windows 10 boot problem/choose your keyboard layout - Similar Threads - boot problem choose

2. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  3. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  4. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose your keyboard layout: My computer has been running Windows 10 for a several months. It recently booted up into a screen that says Choose your keyboard layout. The keyboard and the rest of the computer is locked at that point and can't go any further. I have seen a recommended approach for using a...
  6. Windows 10 “Choose your keyboard layout” boot

Windows 10 “Choose your keyboard layout” boot: Whenever I turn my PC on I get an error message saying “choose your keyboard layout” when I choose my layout it automatically takes me to a screen with 2 options- Turn off your PC or Troubleshoot. When I click troubleshoot, it shows only the advanced options screen. Under...
  7. windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout

windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout: i already have 1909 update and restarted 2 or 3 times its fine i disabled 2 services that aren't from microsoft and restarted that happened i need to have my data back on desktop and don't need to format is there any help [ATTACH]...
  8. Problem "choose your kerboard layout "

Problem "choose your kerboard layout ": Hello Microsoft, I have a problem with WINDOWS 10 default on my Lenovo 110-14IBR laptop, the beginning of the problem arises HIBERNATING on the screen, then I turn off the laptop and when turned on the words "choose your keyboard layout" and I choose US and there is a choice...
  9. Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout"

Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout": Yesterday when I shut my computer down it ran updates first. This morning I come in to a frozen shut down screen. I did a hard shut down and then turned it back on to a blue "Choose your keyboard layout" screen and the mouse and keyboard don't work at all. I can't get passed...
  10. "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem: Hey guys, is there a good tutorial here on how to fix this? I've tried a few different things in the past but wanted to gain some better ideas/knowledge. I believe that the computer was Upgrading to Windows 10 1803, and on Restart get's the dreaded "Choose your keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose keyboard layout problem

2. 1903 choose keyboard reboot

3. server 2016 boot choose your keyboard layout

4. dell computer says choose your keyboard layout and trobleshoot,
  5. unmountable boot volume no keyboard no mouse after upgrading windows 8.1 to windows 10 ,
  6. win10 just boots to keyboard layout