Windows 10: Windows 10 boot problem

Discus and support Windows 10 boot problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So here's what happened last night, I downloaded another copy of Windows 10 hoping that it would fix the problem and let it download the the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bloodyredd, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 boot problem

So here's what happened last night, I downloaded another copy of Windows 10 hoping that it would fix the problem and let it download the the latest updates instead of skipping it. I managed to install it successfully until I get to the part where it displays my name and says welcome to windows 10. I was about to press the next button and suddenly I got the BSOD error message the one that says UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. Then after that it restarted and I got stuck again on the circle loading with windows logo.

I'll try to do an upgrade again later.

bloodyredd, Apr 21, 2016

2. Another update:

I managed to install Windows 10 again last night and left it open overnight to download updates. As it was about to finish downloading the updates around 97 percent, it crashed and says there was an unexpected error with a "video_tdr_failure igdkmd64.sys" I'm really frustrated right now since it was doing fine for over 8 hours of downloading then it crashes the last minute the updates will finish. I'm also still stuck at the spinning dots with windows screen after it restarted.

bloodyredd, Apr 25, 2016
  3. essenbe Win User
    Try booting into safe mode You shouldn't need it with your 970. Please try to right click the start flag, select Device Manager, expand Display Adapters and see what it listed there. You should see the Integrated graphics and your 970. If the 970 is not listed or lists the generic VGA driver, please post back and let us know. With the 970 you shouldn't even need the Integrated driver (the one listed on your BSOD).

essenbe, Apr 25, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 boot problem

Bloodyredd, this may be a dumb question, but is your cable to the monitor connected to the graphics card, as it should be?

essenbe, Apr 25, 2016
  5. I'll do it later and post an update. I'm at work right now and yes the cable is properly attached where it should be.

bloodyredd, Apr 25, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    OK, no problem, but I had to ask.

essenbe, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Update:

It lists my gpu as nvidia gtx 970 and intel hd graphicsc. There's one driver that is being listed only as video controller. I still cant figure out it gets stuck on the windows logo and spinning dots after restarting. I still dont know the cause of it.

bloodyredd, Apr 26, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 boot problem

Do you have another graphics card we could try if it comes to that? Also do you use any imaging programs?

essenbe, Apr 26, 2016
  9. Unfortunately I don't have any spare graphics card. What do you mean by imaging programs? The one you use to make an ISO or the other way around?

bloodyredd, Apr 26, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    One to make an Image of your operating system. You can restore it instead of doing a clean install. Macrium it one of the most popular here. Here is a tutorial and video example from Windows 7 but it is the same with windows 10.

essenbe, Apr 26, 2016
  11. Alright, I'll download it. So I make an image after installing Windows 10?

bloodyredd, Apr 26, 2016
  12. essenbe Win User
    You can make an image now. You have it installed, don't you? Also, make the recovery drive and boot from it just to make sure it works. Put the image on an external hard drive or at least a drive other than the OS drive.

essenbe, Apr 26, 2016
  13. Windows 10 boot problem

I just did a clean install which fixes the problem, it's just sad to re-download all of them again. Thanks for your help, consider this as solved.

bloodyredd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 boot problem

1. Windows 10 boot problem - Similar Threads - boot problem

2. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  3. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  6. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

7. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  8. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  9. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  10. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...