Windows 10: Windows 10 boot problem

Discus and support Windows 10 boot problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently got a Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd and I decided to clone my old intel 330 ssd into it. It contains my Windows 7 OS and I decided that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bloodyredd, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 boot problem

I recently got a Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd and I decided to clone my old intel 330 ssd into it. It contains my Windows 7 OS and I decided that I upgrade the OS on the samsung to windows 10. Everything was fine and I got into the desktop after upgrading and then my Kaspersky downloaded something that is required to run in Windows 10 and requires a restart. After restarting I got into the circle loading thing then it disappears for a few seconds and goes back but it is stuck there. I've tried letting load for an hour and it's still there. Just to add information, I did an upgrade not a clean install which I really prefer over clean installation. I also tried booting into safe mode with networking but it seems I can't access open because it says that I don't have an administrator account even though there's only one account on it.

I might try to boot up my old ssd again and format the new one and try to clone it then upgrade it again and see if it works. I also forgot to mention that I skipped the updates before upgrading since I was doing it late at night and I have work the next day. So if anyone knows a possible solution to this without me doing the same thing again, please do tell me. Thanks.

:)

bloodyredd, Apr 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Apr 18, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 boot problem

Hello Bloddyredd and welcome to the forums. I don't know what program you used to clone the old SSD to the new one, but I may suggest you try to make an image of your current OS and recover the image to the new SSD, I also don't know which procedure you used to upgrade it. But, rather than using the get Windows 10 from your Windows 7. Either download the TechBench iso from Microsoft (Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums) and do the upgrade manually.
    This will provide you the information you will want to do the upgrade Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums. Please watch the video there as there are a lot of good considerations you will want to be aware of before beginning the upgrade.

I would also suggest you disconnect 1 wire from every hard drive you have except the one where you want to install Windows, remove all USB devices before beginning, except the keyboard and mouse, and uninstall and anti virus you have.

essenbe, Apr 18, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Uninstall Kaspersky (and all other antivirus and anti-malware programs) and then try again. Oops, I see essenbe already suggested it, so I second what he said.

NavyLCDR, Apr 18, 2016
  6. I did a manual upgrade, no need to worry though my old ssd still contains my Windows 7 which is my original main drive. So you suggest I disconnect other drives before I upgrade my Windows 7? Thank you for your suggestion, I will try this later when I get home from work.

bloodyredd, Apr 18, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    What I would suggest is to image the Windows 7 OS to the new SSD then upgrade the new one. Also, please read the links and video I linked to. They will give you some good suggestions to give you the best chance at a trouble free install. Please also uninstall your Anti Virus before beginning the upgrade.

essenbe, Apr 18, 2016
  8. Windows 10 boot problem

Ok I will do that later, I will post an update once I have been successful. Thank you

bloodyredd, Apr 18, 2016
  9. An update what happened last night. For some reason, Kaspersky won't uninstall due to some unexpected error. I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem but after upgrading again on my new ssd, I checked if there are any missing drivers. It seems that the nvidia drivers that are installed are not compatible because it only says display adapter on device manager. I also checked the activity of my gpu on the MSI Afterburner which surprised me because the gpu was on 100% load without any graphic intensive applications running.

I tried to shut down my computer instead of restarting since I figured that restarting will get me stuck again on the circle loading screen but what happened is that the computer got stuck on the shutting down screen while the dots stopped spinning.

So what I did then is a forced shut down and cold booted it, surprisingly I got an error message that seems to loop everytime I restart the pc which says UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXECEPTION. I tried doing a reset which works fine but all of my files are lost and I'm left with nothing. So might the problem be my drivers or what?

bloodyredd, Apr 19, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    Look and see if you have a Windows.OLD folder in the Root of the C drive. If you do, all of your files will be in there.

I am going to make a big assumption. I suspect that Windows was trying to install Updates when you forced the shutdown. I would suggest, at first go to settings and Updates and Security and run Windows Updates. Run them until it finds no more. Install them from there. Let me know if that works out for you.

essenbe, Apr 19, 2016
  11. I will check later but what about the programs and applications that were previously installed before I did the reset? Will I still be able to use them again?

bloodyredd, Apr 19, 2016
  12. Update

It's still the same but this time I installed drivers, I wasn't able to run the windows update though. It still won't start up and still gets stuck once I restart. I'm not sure how would it work of it's from a cold boot though. Are drivers the probable cause of this problem?

bloodyredd, Apr 20, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 boot problem

They could be. Where did you get the drivers?

Please fill out your System Specs

Windows 10 boot problem [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, try to reset Windows update Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

essenbe, Apr 20, 2016
  14. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, try to reset Windows update Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 I got the drivers from Nvidia and others are from ASRock. The drivers are for Windows 10. I've also filled up my system specs if that helps. I will try it later once I get home.

bloodyredd, Apr 20, 2016
  15. essenbe Win User
    OK, good. Give it a try. I'm hoping if you can get Windows updates to run, it may sort things out for you. From looking at your system specs, I see no reason Windows 10 should not run on the computer.

essenbe, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 boot problem

1. Windows 10 boot problem - Similar Threads - boot problem

2. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  3. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  4. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem: When my PC wasn't booting I rebuilt the BCD of my windows 10 pc from the command prompt available in recovery through a video I watched on YouTube. The computer won't still boot and there's no recovery due to the rebuilt BCD. Pls what do I do, I need to recover my files....
  6. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem: When my PC wasn't booting I rebuilt the BCD of my windows 10 pc from the command prompt available in recovery through a video I watched on YouTube. The computer won't still boot and there's no recovery due to the rebuilt BCD. Pls what do I do, I need to recover my files....
  7. What is the solution to BCD Boot Problem

8. Laptop boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop boot problem: I'm using a dell latitude laptop I was doing a restore point and I shut down my pc but now when I power it on there is no display I hear my laptop fan spin and I can see light from the keyboard but 5 second later my pc goes off.I already tried something with cmos and changed...
  9. Laptop boot problem

Laptop boot problem: I'm using a dell latitude laptop I was doing a restore point and I shut down my pc but now when I power it on there is no display I hear my laptop fan spin and I can see light from the keyboard but 5 second later my pc goes off.I already tried something with cmos and changed...
  10. Laptop boot problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade